Is there an upgrade oil pan?

dreneem1990

What's involved in changing my '95 SC oil pan, and is there an upgrade bigger better pan?

Donnie

Last edited:
What's involved in changing my '95 SC oil pan, and is there an upgrade bigger better pan?

Donnie

You need to remove the engine to get the pan out. There are no after market pans but I believe some of the folks here have fabricated/modified the oil pan.

Can just drop the K-member and not remove the motor.

As for the pan there are some sketches but final design is floundering. Dave has made a custom aluminum pan before.

By what I've seen you might be able to get Windstar pan cut the flange off (since the reproducing sealing surface is the hardest part of the design), and copy the SC pan onto it in steel.

Can just drop the K-member and not remove the motor.

Is that easier? I never thought if trying that but wouldn't you need to unbolt the motor mounts, and undo the rack, etc. and support the engine? I miss my tubular k-member in my notch. I could remove my 7 quart moroso pan without pulling the engine.

Support the engine some how, unbolt the mounts to the k-member and if the car isn't too high can drop the whole thing. Can't remember if had to disconnect the PS pump.

Here's a pic of the kickout Dave D built for my car.

14.jpg

Not sure, but DD did say he wouldn't do another one for what he charged me. There's lots of work in that piece.

There is now a custom pan available. It's not for the faint of heart though.

I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Are you willing to give the dimentions of the pan. Maninly these parts here?

Attachments

• Pan help.jpg
    Pan help.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 51
Back