Rear subframe bolt issue

macius8

SCCoA Member
Taking off the entire rear subframe and ran into a problem. The rear passenger antirotation nut decided to rotate. I can see the entire nut spinning inside the channel. I have access to it from the back since I have the bumper off however it is 30+ inches to get to it. Any ideas on tackling this?

The bolt on mine broke off so I opened the trunk and pulled all the carpet back, cut a small access hole to remove the nut. I am sure you could do the same to gain access to yours.

The bolt on mine broke off so I opened the trunk and pulled all the carpet back, cut a small access hole to remove the nut. I am sure you could do the same to gain access to yours.

I was thinking of drilling through and pinning the nut somehow. Any concerns over cutting a larger hole in this area? Seems like a highly stressed area.

Well instead of welding or drilling + pinning I wedged two bolts on the flat sides of the nut. Worked like a charm. Thanks.:)

Attachments

• IMG_0906[1].jpg
    IMG_0906[1].jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 73
I had to drill access holes to get everyone of mine out. Once youve drilled the hole you will be able resecure the nuT on the backside without any special tactics probably. I had to get the nuts red hot with a torch to break them free. They are just frozen up.

Back