Turn Signal Cutting out?

Regul8r

The signals work and then they don't.
Sometimes they start blinking and cut out, then start again.
Other times they just plain don't work.

Sounds like there is an electrical connection coming and going in the dash at the base of the steering column.
The signal switch itself seems to be alright "mechanically" and not where the "short sound" is coming from.

Someone point me to a thread on this topic or suggestion??
THANKS in advance for the help!

Check out the "Thunderbird Turn Signal Relay" thread in the "Members Only" area - it's the top posting in the topic.

Now, if yours is a 94/95, you can also pick up a flasher module at the AutoZone. I'd suggest getting the LED-compatible one so you can pop LEDs into the rear and front turn signals, but that's a suggestion - NOT necessary.

RwP

my right front signal wouldnt work, it wound up being the multi switch. they are availble from ford. i could make it work by holding the switch part of the way in. if any of your signals work you can pretty much rule out the flasher unit.

Thanks,
my membership is not paid so I can't see the thread(GREAT) lol.

Mine is a 90

I posted an amendment to that thread which details how to repair your current relay. Pop the relay out, open it up, and resolder everything, and it'll fix your problems. The issue is one of the solder joints is broken and has an intermittent connection.

Back