PDA

View Full Version : Engine replacement team?

35thauto
09-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Hello, I need to get a Reman long block in my 95 SC. I am in California city & am still waiting on a short sale for a house. I can't wait much longer & so I need to see if I can drive this car to someone's place to do a swap. The local auto service shop declined to do it. So it's a shout out for help on the deal.

Matt

P.S. I will compensate.....$

SuperCoupe007
09-08-2012, 12:55 AM
I would offer to help but with my wife's car engine failure (timing belt), I am going to have my own project on hand :o

I will ask a couple of friend and see if anyone can help you out.

Ddubb
09-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Timing belt, sounds like fun .. bent valves ??

I could offer help but I am up in northern California near San Jose so it would be a bit of a drive.

- Dan

SuperCoupe007
09-11-2012, 02:30 AM
Timing belt, sounds like fun .. bent valves ??

I could offer help but I am up in northern California near San Jose so it would be a bit of a drive.

- Dan

Hey Dan,

Oh yeah, its tons of fun :p I haven't removed the cylinder head but I know it's going to have most of the valves bent. Just by removing the valve cover, I noticed that 7 of 8 rocker arms were not in their proper location (It's a 4-Cylinder 16 Valve engine).

I appreciate the offer of help, but having the car towed up there would cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ as I don't own a truck or anything with towing capabilities.
If by some miracle I could get it up there for dirt cheap I will let you know :p but I wont hold my brathe for now :D

Ddubb
09-11-2012, 03:29 AM
I meant that for the original poster's engine swap also, but I wouldnt mind helping with the timing belt / head work either if I were local to you So-cal guys. When its the wifes car its a bigger priority.

I tend to stay pretty busy with everybodys car breaking down around here lately. :p

- Dan

superdadsc
09-11-2012, 08:11 AM
The wifes car being a BIGGER priority, There is an understatment!:eek::eek:LOL

SuperCoupe007
09-12-2012, 01:24 AM
I meant that for the original poster's engine swap also, but I wouldnt mind helping with the timing belt / head work either if I were local to you So-cal guys. When its the wifes car its a bigger priority.

I tend to stay pretty busy with everybodys car breaking down around here lately. :p

- Dan

Hey Dan,

Oh my bad! LOL and here I am getting infront of the line :p

Yeah, I hope that someone can help out a fellow SC'er (OP) ;)

SuperCoupe007
09-12-2012, 01:26 AM
The wifes car being a BIGGER priority, There is an understatment!:eek::eek:LOL

LOL I totally agree. When her car is down, I become carless :p

The last time I had to wait for a ride to be picked up or dropped off I was in freshman in high school :D

Got to get that car fixed like yesterday!!!

35thauto
09-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Well this failed, I am doing it here & am underway.

35thauto
10-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Complete...runs & drives, ready to attend get togethers & such.