Electrical Problems

magman67

Has anyone out there had issues with their elecrical system? I own an 89 SC and I have been having the following problems: Keyless entry stopped working, rearview mirrors not working, interior dome lights not working, driver's side doorlock not working (passenger side works fine), and finally, the chime sound is very faint. Thanks for your help...

Viv:eek:

Has anyone out there had issues with their elecrical system? I own an 89 SC and I have been having the following problems: Keyless entry stopped working, rearview mirrors not working, interior dome lights not working, driver's side doorlock not working (passenger side works fine), and finally, the chime sound is very faint. Thanks for your help...

Viv:eek:

My recommendation would be to go through all of the grounds and be sure they are clean and tight. There many. Two on the front firewall by the headlights, one by the battery which is the main ECM ground, there are a few under the dash (one by the ecu), and a few in the trunk.

I want to say this has been covered before...if I remember correctly this is caused by a pinched wire under the carpet on the drivers side (area where you get in and get out).

Use the search function on No Interior Lights and you should find something related to your same problem.

This is all with the ASSumption you've already checked the fuses.

-Tim

Back