Very Confused...

sts70004

I have an 89 5-Speed, EGR delete, and a CEL because of that. I just got a 90 Auto SC EEC, unplugged EGR stuff, and now, it still has a CEL. I thought 90 Autos didn't look for the EGR? Or are codes stored somewhere else as well?

KOEO gives this:

cm

Last edited:
I have an 89 5-Speed, EGR delete, and a CEL because of that. I just got a 90 Auto SC EEC, unplugged EGR stuff, and now, it still has a CEL. I thought 90 Autos didn't look for the EGR? Or are codes stored somewhere else as well?

KOEO gives this:

cm

Contact XR7DAVE on the boards and ask him if he can write a tune for you that
will shut off the egr valve in the ECM and that way it will not throw the CEL

I don't think a tune will help. This EEC shouldn't even have the program for EGR... Maybe XR7Dave would know what the deal is however

I don't think a tune will help. This EEC shouldn't even have the program for EGR... Maybe XR7Dave would know what the deal is however

You say "unplugged EGR stuff" - as in the EGR valve and sensor are unplugged but there?

If so, then yah, I bet the EEC has the program for EGR.

If it's not even there, then maybe pulling the CEL and seeing what the code IS may be instructive.

RwP

Well I figured out an even better solution... Unplug the Original EEC and put the replacement one there, not in the spot for the ARC lol

Back