Tranny pump replacement.

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
I believe i may have dammaged my tranny pump by bolting the engine and tranny together with tc not seated all the way. Where can i get a replacement pump? i cant get the tourque convertor to seat whatsoever! I want to just replace the pump incase its dammaged! I cant find a replacement pump at any of the part stores. Where do i get one and is there anything else i need to know about?

Pump is part of the front cover .. when you unbolt it, you should be able to remove the Stator support then the front cover halves and see if there is any damage to the pump itself is just a pair of gears.

- Dan

I believe i may have dammaged my tranny pump by bolting the engine and tranny together with tc not seated all the way. Where can i get a replacement pump? i cant get the tourque convertor to seat whatsoever! I want to just replace the pump incase its dammaged! I cant find a replacement pump at any of the part stores. Where do i get one and is there anything else i need to know about?

Typically if you damage the pump bolting an engine in with a converter that isn't fully seated the converter gets stuck on the pump. If that didn't happen you are probably ok. Take your time with the converter and move it slowly while wiggling up and down and at the same time push it on while taking the weight off the input shaft.

Last edited:
And turn turn turn turn... It will seat. Ive goofed on the install a number of times but never damaged the pump. Id say your chances are 50/50 that its OK.

Back