Bonus question about gauges

mikedenton49

About to install my new prosport dual temp IC gauge. Here's the deal...
The sending unit is monstrous at 3/8 NPT, and as such seems to require valuable real estate in the plenum. But, what about the ACT sensor. Is it a 0-5V unit as well? Are they interchangeable? If they are, oh boy. If not, D'Oh!

Thanks guys, that is, if ya know... :)

Mike

just mount the new sender next to the stock sender...plenty of room...I dont think the stock sender will do the trick

just mount the new sender next to the stock sender...plenty of room...I dont think the stock sender will do the trick

Yep, plenty of room.
garage_attachment.php

Yep my oil collection site already looks like that :)

So any further input on the ACT sender? I'd really like to avoid pulling the plenum and tapping it. Way to much effort when there is a perfectly good sender already in there...

Well I've searched the net for such info but have yet to call or anything. By transfer function you mean the 0-5V?

I did not remove my plenum to tap it just FYI...pulled the IC tubes and stuck a shop vac in it while drilling and tapping

So they got back to me. He assures me that though they do not know for sure. The two senders are not interchangeable. All he could give me was...

104°F = 5830 ohms
194°F = 12680 ohms

Hmmmm

A shop vac huh...

Well I gave up on the numbers. Didn't have the junk to hook up a shop vac, so I spent today pulling the intake plenum and sc top and taking them to the local shop to get em' all tapped up. Got it all back together and man this gauge is a jem. Very fast reaction time. Looks good too. I'll get some picks up if I ever figure out how to gets them on here from my iPhone.

Mike

Back