don't know how to reset gauges

bumpskier45

I have a 92 sc I finally got running so now onto the small stuff. On the intrument pannel just above the vent in the middle of the car there is a place that says "change now" to the right there is another set of items,oil,fuel,radiator fluid etc. is there a way to reset those items,I have changed all those items but the lights still stay on. Thanks

I have a 92 sc I finally got running so now onto the small stuff. On the intrument pannel just above the vent in the middle of the car there is a place that says "change now" to the right there is another set of items,oil,fuel,radiator fluid etc. is there a way to reset those items,I have changed all those items but the lights still stay on. Thanks

The only thing you CAN change is the "Change Now" light.

See that button to the left of the display?

Or, the small hole there?

If it's a small hole, you'll need something like a straightened paperclip.

When you FIRST turn the ignition on, hold the button down / press the switch in the hole until the lights in the OIL area start blinking. Release it, and that should reset it.

As to the others - if the "LOW" isn't lit, they're fine. If "LOW" is lit, and the situation isn't low on that item, it's time to start checking sensors and/or wiring.

RwP

Mine has been blinking CHANGE NOW since I got it. I didnt know the key had to be on and I tried to just put a paper clip in to reset after I changed my oil but when it didnt work I just assumed it was broken LOL

I know what I'm doing in the morning :D

reset

im pretty sure you have to perform this procedure within a number of seconds after turning key on. after too long it wont react. have paperclip in hole then turn on key and begin pressing. maybe wrong but always worked for me

It's 5 to 15 seconds, forget the actual time.

Some VMMs have a button instead of the recessed opening -those are a LOT easier to reset.

RwP

Back