Both cars tuned and ready, thanks DD

mywhite89

Finally all the hard work has paid off. Towed the 89 over to Ashtabula and Sarah drove her 95. With 80 lb injectors and a new quarter horse chip that had not been calibrated, I had to push my car on the trailer. With Dave and help from Phil, and Kevin from twisted innovations we got both cars tuned and running very well.

My only change was going from a mpx to a 1.7 Autorotor blower, 80 lb injectors, and upgrading the wiring to my fuel pump.
Old numbers- 339rwhp/400rwtq
New numbers- 451rwhp 418rwtq

Sarah's only change Was going from the stock ported 95 blower/mp inlet to the mpx blower and upgrading the exhaust from slightly modified to kooks headers and 2.5in. exhaust.
Old numbers- 265 rwhp/ no torque readings from then
New numbers 355rwhp/363rwtq!!!!!

To conclude, Both cars picked up a lot of power, Dave thinks the dream crusher was just being nice today:p. Maybe, but I'm just happy both cars were able to be tuned and we didn't run in to any problems. As most of you already know, dave is a great guy to work with and we really appreciated him fitting us into his busy schedule so close to the shootout. Hope all went positive with Phils beast, wish we could have stuck around longer.

Chris

Kevins dyno is totally a female. One day its nice, the next day look out. Yet somehow all the guys keep coming back :p

Last edited:
Gotta change your signature now!

Good stuff. Generous or not good stuff. Shootout always levels the planefield.

Awesome numbers, Chris. I had no idea you were doing this.

Now you have the factory tranny holding you back. Maybe you should borrow Sarah's transmission! Or go T56.

Great numbers for both you and Sarah! Congratulations. Make sure Sarah has a helmet this year.
Alan

Kevins dyno is totally a female. One day its nice, the next day look out. Yet somehow all the guys keep coming back :p

It's the best dyno I've used. I do think his weather station is "off" though. We discussed that last night and he is going to replace it, we are also going to get a hand held station to compare #'s to so if we have issues in the future we will at least know about it ahead of time.

Thats a pretty funny analogy!!! She was liking me yesterday!

I think I'm gonna go T-56 at some point, after I fix the wheel hop craziness. Once you take the challenge of manual transmission its too much fun at the track. Sometimes the times arn't impressive but I have a lot of fun running it regardless. It's been a busy year for me. The car is all painted up looking good, pulled the engine to clean it up and fix the rear main seal leak.

On a side note, hopefully I can steal someones brain at the shootout to help with changing shift points on Sarahs car at the track.

Chris

It's the best dyno I've used. I do think his weather station is "off" though. We discussed that last night and he is going to replace it, we are also going to get a hand held station to compare #'s to so if we have issues in the future we will at least know about it ahead of time.

That sounds like a good idea, Im no dyno pro, but arnt the uncorrected numbers not affected by measured weather conditions? Assuming he posted the corrected numbers in this thread.

Also btw Ill always use kevins dyno because it does work how it should and Ive always had a good tune coming off of it. It seems to load the car properly, it just has given some off the wall numbers before.

Yeah, we will be bringing helmets for sure this year.

I don't think I'll do the dyno competition at the shootout but I might do one up in Auburn this year towards the end of October. It is a dyno jet dyno, so maybe we'll find out the real scoop on things. I drove it when I got home last night and it pulls pretty hard, smooth and fast!

Last edited:
Congrats on getting it all up and running. Great numbers, that dyno has never let me get over 400 on it.... but thats up for another discussion.

I just read this and wonder... what are you running for injectors in order to make that big a jump in output and not go leen?:confused:

The 95 has 60 lb injectors since we originally put it together last year with comp custom ground cam, larger valve ported heads. You can run 60lb injectors on a stock car if you tune for it. At this point with 60's already in it, it was just a matter of driving it over to Dave without beating on it and having him adjust the fuel. He did mention it was pretty lean to begin with.

Chris

Great results Chris! Can't wait to see the cars go. I bet the butt dyno felt the difference immediately too!!

1.7 huh? I forget which rear you have but I bet third gear is your favorite right about now lol

13.3 at 108? Can't wait to see your face when you cut a full second off that in a couple of weeks ;)

Ira

Nice SET of numbers! Especially the 95! :eek: That's a big change for only exhaust and M90 to MPX!

Thats what I thought. It was quite unimpressive last year when it made only 265 with what it has done to it. We must have found the bottleneck, or as Dave said about the dyno. The exhaust was basically stock last year, no cats and a flowmaster resonator. Boost increased a couple pounds with the mpx i guess. We did notice after the exhaust was done, it seemed to run much better. The old blower had no coating left on the rotors.

Chris

Back