Need help finding new roof panel

FordNut81

My buddy recently had a tree branch fall on the roof of his 90 Super Coupe. It put a huge dent in it and he's trying to get it find a new roof panel for it... other than trying to pull the dent and fill it. He wants to pocket the $$ so just he needs to find a place that sells new roofs and has them in stock. Any ideas?

Cut one off of a junker at the local boneyard...

X2 to that. cut one off and glue it in. Some of the new 3M bonding adhesives for body panels are awesome. The thing is make sure you have it fitted prior to using the adhesive. Once you attach it and it isn't where you want it you are going to have to cut it off.

He needs to get a quote for a new one so he can get more $$ from insurance. We both know what he COULD do... which is cut one off a donor... but he wants to put a claim in for the more expensive alternative, which is buying a new roof.

He needs to get a quote for a new one so he can get more $$ from insurance. We both know what he COULD do... which is cut one off a donor... but he wants to put a claim in for the more expensive alternative, which is buying a new roof.

I doubt of the roof is even still available. My buddy owns a body shop and and he often uses salvage parts as new parts aren't available. You friends best bet is to go to a few body shops and get an estimate.

He did go to a body shop. They first gave an estimate that included a new roof from Ford. Then once they found out it wasn't available they asked the local Ford dealer if they knew where to find new roof panels. No go. So finally he came to me to see if anyone on here would know.

AFAIK, no one makes new roof panels for these cars, nor would I expect anyone to. That is a salvage sourced part.

Back