Walbro pumps

90whtbrd

Any opinions or experience with the walbro 155lph versus the 190lph on a stock 90. Have no plans to run anything but bone stock. Thanks for any input or advice.

Last edited:
I run the 190 pump. It went in easy as pie. I've had no problems with it for 5 years. You'll need a tune to take advantage of the increased capacity, should you need it. If you're staying stock, you won't need the 255.

Thanks for the reply. I guess what I was really wondering was, do I even need the 190lph when the 155lph flows greater than the stock pump. I was hoping someone had experience with the 155lph as far as enough fuel flow,noise, and reliability.

No worries, I am 99% sure the 190lph walbro will be my pick for a new replacement pump. Just thought maybe the 155lph might run cooler and live longer while giving the stock motor enough fuel. Thanks for your time and response.

Have no idea what mods you have,from your post, but my concern about pumps has to do with running the pump at a rate that is way to much for the motors need and heating the fuel and may even be causing air and pressure in the fuel tank to rise and even bubble the returning fuel from the return line making the pump work even harder shorting the pumps life. I am new to this forum and will for sure defer to more experienced sc owners.

ive had 2 aeromotive pumps die on me in the last 2 mos has anyone else had issues

I had two of these pumps die on me in my Chevy truck.....:mad::mad:

Also had to modify the wiring harness to accept these pumps.....:mad:

Went back with AC Delco.....

if you are keeping your car stock. Get the lowest cost of the two pumps. It makes not difference. If you intend to do mods that require a change in injectors get the larger pump.

At 45lph over stock with the walbro 155lph I believe I am covered fuel wise. There is a difference in the internals between the 155 and 190lph walbros, just wanted to be clear in my mind about longevity and noise factor.

i put a regular walbo 255 in mine and its been fine im building a dual 255 sender and harness with a hobbs pressure switch and a hot wire setup to fuel my next project
its seems to me that the real issue with the pumps is keeping up under high pressures meaning 38psi base pressure plus say 15 psi means that u have 53psi of pressure and i know the flow falls off at high pressures so by running dual pumps that are rated for high pressure will prevent the flow from falling off by dividing the load of the pumps.
we need lots of flow under boost from our pumps and seeing as the grand national guys have been doing exactly what im doing for years it seems a pretty good solution since i dont want to run a fuel cell or a surge tank in the trunk and a external pump just my thoughts
anyone else feel the same as i do ?

I had two of these pumps die on me in my Chevy truck.....:mad::mad:

Also had to modify the wiring harness to accept these pumps.....:mad:

Went back with AC Delco.....

Eddie,

They probably couldn't stand being in a chevy shiiit wagon and committed suicide.

Running the vehicle with the gas tank low on fuel let's the fuel pump overheat.

Back