SC cam? 300whp?

90tbirdsc

Hey guys I currently have a sc with cats removed and exhaust with ported manifolds, mp raised top, cai, 73mm mafs, intercooler fan and 15od on the supercharger with the silencer removed. And I was wondering if long tubes, blower porting and head porting, roller rockers, and stage 2 comp cam and a tune would put me close to 300whp?

Hey guys I currently have a sc with cats removed and exhaust with ported manifolds, mp raised top, cai, 73mm mafs, intercooler fan and 15od on the supercharger with the silencer removed. And I was wondering if long tubes, blower porting and head porting, roller rockers, and stage 2 comp cam and a tune would put me close to 300whp?

Stay away from the Comp Stage 2 Cam. it won't anything more in teh way of power but will make the idle sound good. Reach out to Dave Dalke for a custom cam. It;s a lot of work to change a cam and you want one that will deliver resutls. Yes 300RWHP is achievable espically with the right bolt ons and a custom cam.

You could hit 300 with that. I would do bigger valved heads at the same time. Forfeit doing the headers if you have to, many say that is not the bottleneck if your manifolds are ported.

chris

You could hit 300 with that. I would do bigger valved heads at the same time. Forfeit doing the headers if you have to, many say that is not the bottleneck if your manifolds are ported.

chris

This, put the money into big valve heads instead of headers.

So why the late model supercharger and only a 5% pulley? Could a 90 supercharger with the raised top and porting and 15% od make more power?

Sorry, I'm turning it 15% with the a "custom" 10% crank pulley in conjunction with the 5% blower pulley.

With the slightly ported early blower I was seeing 165 degree temps at the end of the 1/4 mile with a stock ic and a fan. Besides that the inlet design of the early model doesn't allow for good results with that much OD.

I have also just thought about getting it tuned with what I got on it now, any ideas on hp? Or does it need a tune?

You dont need the headers. You dont need big valve heads

Ported heads, typical .520 lift cams that are running around all over the place and a late model ported blower with MP inlet/85mmtb and larger MAF will get you over 300.

You want to get rid of as much restriction before the blowers inlet. If you dont want to dig into heads and cam right now start there.

If you just ported the heads you could probably hit 300rwhp with a good tune. If you didn't want to take apart the motor you could do what I did and run a mpx blower @ 30% od on e85 to make 300rwhp. My car made 314rwhp and 459rwtq through an automatic transmission with the stock heads and cam.

Back