SC help!

ricardoa1

I need all the help I can get to pull it off. There are some miscellaneous items that I am missing to bring an SC to the shootout.

I figure I compile them here and you can help.

Does anyone have a 02 Extension laying around, I know our cars only need one when using Kooks Midlengths. I have a late 02 extension but its a 4 wire not sure if that will work. The 90 has a three wire sensor so I think they are different. I can use it at the Shootout. If I order one I wont get it in time.

Also I need a LMAF pigtail. Anyone have one laying around, I can get by stealing from one of my cars but its soldered I hate to cut it unless I have to.
I need to match the wires to the 90 SC. A B C D. ect. Can anyone give me the connector cross match info?

Can someone also tell me what size bolts go on an MPX bower. The side bols are supposed to be longer then the stock ones. I need to buy a set.

Last I need help tuning it Im brining my QH but my hardware is terrible freezes up etc. Its good for loading up tunes and stuff but I had major problems datalogging.

I think thats it for now. I only have a few mins here and there to get it done. Class started today I ran out of time last night to get it it ready. The above items are work in progress.

ONE PLUS is the HOOD closes :) I see a power bulge "Dent" pressed on the hood in the near future though.

Attachments

• Mammoth 3.jpg
    Mammoth 3.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Just leave the one o2 unplugged if you have to. It will run fine that way. Can't help on the rest.

Or you can just extend them yourself, like I did when switching to longtubes.

David

No time, still need to make a harness for the fan and retrofit it. Lots of little things. Oil change, coolant burp. Connect IC. Tap a pcv nipple on the 4" in tube.

That's what I did, it was kind of a pain to solder to the wire the sensors are made from. Extending the factory wiring would have been too much fun for me also.

I could not find a bolt long enough to tie down the supercharger. I think is an M8 1.25. All hardware stores had the same length as stock for their longest one.
After the first day of class I dont really think I can resolve the misc pieces in time. I had rented a trailer at Uhaul to at least bring it and work out some minor things there. But I wanted to get it to at least start and get it on the trailer then bring it to the exahust shop a few hours before heading down. I feel its getting to be too much to chew on. :(

I could not find a bolt long enough to tie down the supercharger. I think is an M8 1.25. All hardware stores had the same length as stock for their longest one.
After the first day of class I dont really think I can resolve the misc pieces in time. I had rented a trailer at Uhaul to at least bring it and work out some minor things there. But I wanted to get it to at least start and get it on the trailer then bring it to the exahust shop a few hours before heading down. I feel its getting to be too much to chew on. :(

You have a few days yet and the whole weekend down here...bring it....Dan

Those bolts are 8mm x 1.25. If you cant find the right length go to napa and buy all-thread and just stud it. Little more work, but it will do the job.

chris

Last edited:
Those bolts are 8mm x 1.25. If you cant find the right length go to napa and buy all-thread and just stud it. Little more work, but it will do the job.

chris

That's a good idea! So that solves 1 issue (as long as he can find M8x1.25 allthread).

And as Dave said, the 4-wire extender should work fine. It just has one more wire. Unless the connector orienting bump is in the wrong place, in which case it could be filed off.

For tuning, you might try booting up in Windows Safe Mode to reduce the number of unnecessary programs running. Back in DOS days, we would use a "boot disk" for that. I haven't been too into tech lately, so I don't know what today's equivalent is.

I can't help you with the LMAF pigtail. But I do think any junkyard should have something compatible.

Didn't we use my lap top last year? I think it was your innovate that kept causing the datalog issues.

Didn't we use my lap top last year? I think it was your innovate that kept causing the datalog issues.

Yeah we did. We were more successful with yours. But at the end we just tweeked by simply watching the AF and winging it. :eek:

But didnt perform like expected anyways. The IC seem like it was a restriction. This time there is a new MAF and injectors so I need to start from scratch, Before it was just WOT adjustments.

I got a few hours before leaving tomorrow. Not sure if I can make anything happen.

Back