PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, Just bought a SC.

Polecat Z
11-02-2002, 02:00 AM
Hello all. I just bought a '91 Thunderbird SC. It has a few problems though. The car has 170+K on the odometer, and was traded in at a local Honda dealership that my brother works at. The ABS pump is leaking badly and the power windows don't work. I've been using the search function all afternoon, finding limitless info on these cool cars. I even got a line on an ABS pump from some one in the forsale forum. Plus I've found good info on why the windows probably don't work. All in one afternoon.
It's Black with grey cloth interior. It starts and runs great. Idles very smoothly(My other two cars are heavily cammed and the neighbors think I'm a hoodlum, nope, just a gear head). It has NO BRAKES. I don't know any history on the car. I'm not sure if it has ever had its headgaskets changed or even had routine tune-ups. It does have new tires though. I've always liked these cars, but never gave much thought to buying one. I'm going to detail it and fix the broken stuff and drive it for awhile. Did I mention I paid $200 for it.

Jeff Bratton
11-02-2002, 02:25 AM
Congrats' on the New purchase!! Yes.... you have located one of many sources of info on these cars. You will be definitely enjoy this car.

Have Fun with it, after you fix the little problems!!

Jeff Bratton

Wicked SC
11-02-2002, 02:50 AM
Welcome to the Club!! Believe me, those were the best $200 you've ever spent (hope those words don't come back to bite me in the a$$ :D ).

455Poncho
11-02-2002, 05:19 AM
Polecat, i noticed in our sig about the datsun. Look anything like this? if not im sure you'll enjoy the vid!
http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=160&p=9

Polecat Z
11-02-2002, 09:10 AM
That guys name is Darius. His car and his wild antics are well known in the V8 Zcar community. I have full length video of that car. It took like 2hrs to download. The engine is a 600hp D1 Procharged LT1 stroked to 383CI. In the video I have shows him drawing smoke off the tires from about a 50mph roll. BTW, that car also has a 6spd trans. He recently hurt himself in a motorcycle crash. He is a bit of a show off, but his bike handling skills excel.

cudaz101
11-04-2002, 11:03 AM
Good to add a motor head to the owners list...Fun cars, not bad maint. with the preventative stuff out of the way they are very dependable despite what you may have heard in the past...

Regardless, welcome and enjoy your new ride...Be carefull you may end up with more of them sprouting up in your lawn and driveway...

Cheers

Polecat Z
11-04-2002, 05:47 PM
No thanks on anymore cars sprouting up on my lawn and in my driveway. I have a '88 Mustang "Lawn Ornament" that is my brothers. We(I) am putting a 2.3T in it out of a '88 T-bird Turbocoupe. I've already swapped the rear(8.8LSD, Disc brakes) and the front brakes(11" compared to 10"). I just got the head back from the machine shop, and it will go on the short block soon. It won't be a scorcher, but it should hold its own. Probably be faster than my SC. Anyway guys, thanks for the warm welcome.