PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Powers Inlet Plenum '94-95 (CLOSED!)

JimGravelle
09-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Hi everyone,

With the help of Victor and Diane at SpinningWheels-SC (http://spinningwheels-sc.com/) we've been able to arrange a group purchase of the Magnum Powers High Performance Inlet Plenum, which fits the 1994-95 Thunderbird Super Coupe, as well as the Magnaport II (MPII) and the SCPI "S" Model superchargers.

Some information on the MP Inlet Plenum from the Magnum Powers website (albeit a little dated, performance information still relevant): http://www.magnumpowers.com/tbrd_plenum.php

The group purchase is for minimum of five units (prefer to get ten). The prices are as follows:

Stock Grey Powdercoa (http://spinningwheels-sc.com/ProductImages/mpinletplenumpowder.jpg)t: $400.00
Polished Aluminium (http://spinningwheels-sc.com/ProductImages/MPINLET%20PLENUM.JPG): $475.00
Shipping (U.S. & Canada): $14.00

All payments and shipping will be managed by Victor and Diane at SpinningWheels-SC. We can sort out those details once we have five units sold.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Jim.

------------------------------------------------

Units Committed

Jim (Me)
Joe (jabaldaz)
Tom (89XR7TD)
Robert (90sc35thann)
Horn (tchicken)
Dave (dave377)
Joe (forcefed95) x2
Rob (Wereami881)

jabaldaz
09-27-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm definitely in for one powder coated plenum. This is funny because I just got done sending Spinningwheels-SC an email asking about availability and price on this item.

Joe

JimGravelle
09-27-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm definitely in for one powder coated plenum. This is funny because I just got done sending Spinningwheels-SC an email asking about availability and price on this item.

Joe

Sweet...thanks Joe!

I'll update my top post.

Ok folks...just three more!

XR7 Dave
09-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Timing is bad for me. I was thinking about getting one of these the other day but I wouldn't be able to do it for awhile.

Greg Coleman
09-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Is that the one for the mpx the smilley one
:D

JimGravelle
09-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Is that the one for the mpx the smilley one
:D

Nope...from what I understand the Intake Plenum for the MPX is different.

Does anyone else know for sure?

S_Mazza
09-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Nope...from what I understand the Intake Plenum for the MPX is different.

Does anyone else know for sure?

The MPX inlet port is much bigger than the 94-95 supercharger's inlet port, so yes, the plenum is different.

JimGravelle
10-02-2012, 06:46 PM
BTW...anyone needing the EGR adapter that would go with this MP Inlet Plenum...I have a source for one. Just "PM" me.

Hopefully we can get three more buyers....come on folks! You never know how much longer these puppies will be available...and you can't beat the price!

Don't put it off...just think of it as an early Christmas present for yourself! :o

91bird
10-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Jim,
Please put me down for one, powder coated.
Thanks
Drew

JimGravelle
10-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Jim,
Please put me down for one, powder coated.
Thanks
Drew

I've added you to the list...thanks Drew!

tchicken
10-05-2012, 10:01 AM
I am kicking around the idea of getting in on this buy. I was going to installa late model blower in my 89. But, I see that Charles has a new rotor pack for the MPx and a special buy going on there too . . . makes it hard to decide.

Horn

JimGravelle
10-05-2012, 10:41 AM
I am kicking around the idea of getting in on this buy. I was going to installa late model blower in my 89. But, I see that Charles has a new rotor pack for the MPx and a special buy going on there too . . . makes it hard to decide.

Horn

I guess it comes to two fundamental things:

How much performance (HP) gain are you after?
How much are you willing to spend?

One thing to consider: with a late model blower, ported, with a MP Inlet Plenum, you'll get decent performance boost over your stock early style blower. Throw on an overdrive kit and hold on tight!

Have you added components to your car that would compliment the MPx setup? For example: bigger injectors (42+ lbs), bigger throttle body and MAF (80mm), high flow exhaust, etc?

Even if you go late model blower now...and want to upgrade to MPx later...the late model blower with an MP Inlet Plenum should be a very easy sale!

Cheers,

Jim.

Flex
10-05-2012, 09:26 PM
I have a new late rectangular with this plenum, 42 lb injectors, a 75 mm BBK, 76 mm C&L and MP cold air. My other mods are Kook's long tubes and true dual Magnaflow system, under drives, 10% overdrive sc pulley and 5% jackshaft. The performance increase is huge. It slams you in the seat pretty hard.

On a side note, David believes I am maxing out the 42's with this setup so some of you may need to consider stepping up to 60 lb injectors and most definitely pick up a chip and tune.

tchicken
10-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm in for the stock/grey version.

JimGravelle
10-09-2012, 12:55 AM
I'm in for the stock/grey version.

Awesome...thanks a bunch!

What's your real first name (for the list)?

dave377
10-09-2012, 10:09 AM
I would like to get on the list to get one of these Inlet Plenums.

Thanks
Dave

JimGravelle
10-09-2012, 05:09 PM
I would like to get on the list to get one of these Inlet Plenums.

Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm assuming that is for the Stock Grey Powdercoated one?

Thanks,

Jim.

JimGravelle
10-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Hi everyone,

The following people have shown interest in purchasing a MP Inlet Plenum as part of this group buy:

Jim (Me)
Joe (jabaldaz)
Tom (89XR7TD)
Robert (90sc35thann)
Horn (tchicken)
Dave (dave377)
Joe (forcefed95) x2
Rob (Wereami881) *Polished

Also, everyone indicated they would like a Stock Grey Powdercoat unit. Be sure to correct me if I misspelled anyone's name...missed someone...or they want a polished unit instead! It's now time to send Victor the money so the order can be placed with Magnum Powers. For payment, you have the following options:

Credit Card ~ call SpinningWheels @ 352-732-5013 (9am to 9pm EST)
Paypal Invoice ~ email SpinningWheels "spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net" and request a paypal invoice
Check (or Cheque in Canada :p) ~ call or email SpinningWheels (see step 1 or 2) for instructions

The sooner we get the payments into SpinningWheels the sooner we get our new MP Inlet Plenums...so don't delay! :D

Thanks everyone!

Jim.

dave377
10-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Yes I wanted the gray one and I sent the payment viva PayPal

forcefed95
10-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Put me down for 2 grey powdercoated inlet plenums.

Thanks,
Joe

JimGravelle
10-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Put me down for 2 grey powdercoated inlet plenums.

Thanks,
Joe

Two? Thats awesome...I'll let Victor know ASAP. (I've already updated the lists above)...please send payment soon.

89XR7TD
10-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Pretty good list!! :)

Tom

forcefed95
10-10-2012, 06:37 PM
My payment has been sent.

jabaldaz
10-11-2012, 10:10 AM
My payment has been sent.

Flex
10-12-2012, 03:56 PM
This is a great addition to a rectangular port you guys should be happy with this upgrade.

Wereami881
10-17-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm in! I'll send a request for PayPal invoice. Since I have a polished MP charger I'm going to have to spring for the extra $75.00. I'm going to try my hand a polishing once my kit from Eastwood comes in but I'll do it on something a little less costly and less visible. lol Picking up a new Dave D. motor next weekend and need it to top her off. (Well new to me Dave says it has 5K about on her.) Any ideas when we might get these? Or we have to wait to hit 10? I'm interested in a raised top to if anyone has a spare. Springing for both new is a killer especially after just buying the motor.
Thanks !

1 Polished please!

dave377
10-30-2012, 09:45 PM
When will the Magnum Powers Inlet Plenums be shipped out

JimGravelle
10-31-2012, 01:34 AM
When will the Magnum Powers Inlet Plenums be shipped out

There was a problem with the first round of cores. According to Charles; "...the company who makes the sand cores cut off the bypass port hole so the cores had to be remade delaying the project."

So it'll be approximately two weeks before they'll be ready to be shipped. I'll keep you posted.

Jim.

dave377
10-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Ok that cool thanks for the info. I just had not heard any thing about them and was wandering.

Thank you
Dave

89XR7TD
11-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Got an email from Victor saying they will start being shipped out tomorrow!

Nice!

JimGravelle
11-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Got an email from Victor saying they will start being shipped out tomorrow!

Nice!

Yup...me too! Christmas is coming early! :D

Thanks again to everyone that participated on this group buy.

89XR7TD
11-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Came in the mail a couple days ago...Thanks to everyone
that got involved with this GP!!!!

Looks good!!!

Tom

jabaldaz
11-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Mine came in the mail on Wednesday (or at least the notification to pick up at the post office). Got home early enough to head back to the post office to pick it up that night. Mail carrier had troubles that day, and would not be back before the post office closed that evening. Had to wait until Friday morning to pick it up...ugghhh!

Got it, and it looks great. Amazing how much larger the air path is than the stock unit. Can't wait to get this on my car with rebuilt large valve heads and new cam. It won't happen nearly soon enough. With a 2 year old toddler and 2nd kid on the way, free time to work on my car is severely limited these days.