new engine..fault codes

MtDewd

I built a new engine for my 91 SC 5spd. Brand new heads, forged pistons (.030 over), new cam 224 @.50 520 lift, totally gone through the motor and spared no expense. Dropped it in the car and started it up. Here's my probs:

1) In the process of installing motor we lost two of the tags we marked the fuel injector plugs with. Can't decide if cylinder 1 or 2 is plugged in right (50/50 chance, easily switched, been switching, little change).
Can't tell which is which.

2) Motor started right up and ran great for about a minute, then wanted to die.

3) Now it won't start unless starting fluid is spayed in.
Acts like it's flooded.

4) When running sounds okay with a small miss. (fuel injector plug?) Won't idle.

5) Tach inop

6) Fault codes: 112 = air charge sensor below min voltage and 212 = no tach input to ECU; SPOUT sensor grounded.

Please help!!!

I am learning all the nuances of the DIS system myself so bear with me if this is a stupid opinion. I am looking at the factory shop manual for my 90 and the tach gets it's input from the DIS module. Could there be a problem with how it's connected or mounted? From the manual here, it appears to be a simple install but that's what I thought about my 84 SVO and I had not put that heatsink grease on the back of it and it died on me. Just a thought.

Have a good weekend.

Back