PDA

View Full Version : Home from the Shootout

KYSal
09-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Well let's begin the offical "home from the Shootout post"...The Arnold's and Dan are back at the homestead. (with a new dog I might add no thanks to the Neiberts, Dalke Clan, and the Kreisz family's persuasion).

We are now in need of a name. Post up if you'd like to make a suggestion. So far on the list is; Shooter, Tank, Ralph and Fred). Update will follow.

I hope ALL make it home safe and sound this year and of course, can't wait till next fall!!

Congrats to all the winners!!

Sal

Ira R.
09-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Well since Sally has started the posts I might as well check in too, although it's strange to be do this 48 hours before I usually do. So I'm home now. Got me to the church on time despite Delta Airlines multiple attempts to prevent that. Not everyone in attendance was amused that I was receiving text updates on my phone from the track but they'll get over it ;)

It was great to see everyone again of course and I look forward to seeing everyone in KY again next year.

Mercutio
09-30-2012, 09:54 PM
I just made it in. This was a great event. I had a lot of fun seeing everyone again, and running some personal bests at the strip.

I vote for the same location next year.

Mercutio
09-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Double tap. Mods, delete this one if you'd like.

driller
09-30-2012, 11:31 PM
Made it back home about an hour ago. Great time as always. Thanks to all who make this event possible and all the ones that show up. :)

mywhite89
09-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Sarah and I just made it home from the shootout. This was definitely a very fun year. It was great having the dyno and car show at the hotel. We both improved our personal bests and I for one know I have a lot of room to improve before the end of the year down the quarte mile. Definitely took a lot of steps in the right directions to do that today thanks to good pointers from the pros!

Chris

Quik95SC
09-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Made it back safely w/ no incidents about 9:00 CST.

All went well and had a great time as usual.

Smitty out!! Going to bed!

RedSCSpeedster
09-30-2012, 11:56 PM
well made it back safe even tho it was a 3hr trip lol had fun

davec73
10-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Made it home around 730 I would like to thank everyone who got there hands dirty on my car friday afternoon trying to get me running and I promise I wont bring a none running car next year (even though it may not leave that way lol). A big thanks to David Niebert, Kurt K, Chris wise, Rich, Randy Hunerkoch, Chris Homan, Ryan Zimmerly and everyone else who helped me in my effort to make my car run for the event.

jludorf
10-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Put a good dent in the trip home only 25 more hours per the GPS. We made it just east of Peoria Illinois.

XR7 Dave
10-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Just pulled in, Madison Ohio. Ugh. I'm getting too old for this. :cool:

Jacob_Royer
10-01-2012, 05:45 AM
I made it home OK despite not having 3rd or 4th gear lol guess if you're going
To break a shift fork thats the one to break!

racecougar
10-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Sally, Anthony already had the perfect name for him...Flash. :)

The St. Louis crew will be hitting the road to head home in the next hour or so.

ScrapSC
10-01-2012, 07:59 AM
I would liked to have stopped in at the hotel on the way home and visit a while longer with all of you, but I had an orphan dog to get to the house.

So far we have names of: Flash, Tank, Ralph, Fred, Shooter.... The reason shooter is on the list is due to him being found at the "Shootout"....

rzimmerl
10-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Pulled in about 12:15 last night.

ScrapSC
10-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Good to see you made home safe Zimmerly!!!

I saw someone get off on exit 69 on I-64 and then got back on the interstate just as I was turning to head to the house...

old_coot
10-01-2012, 08:59 AM
I would liked to have stopped in at the hotel on the way home and visit a while longer with all of you, but I had an orphan dog to get to the house.

So far we have names of: Flash, Tank, Ralph, Fred, Shooter.... The reason shooter is on the list is due to him being found at the "Shootout"....

You don't think he belonged to the caretaker of the place do you???? He sure seemed to be "at home" there...just saying...

rzimmerl
10-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Ya it could have been us, 8 of us headed to Lexington and grabbed some dinner at TGIFridays.

KYSal
10-01-2012, 09:46 AM
You don't think he belonged to the caretaker of the place do you???? He sure seemed to be "at home" there...just saying...

Nope we asked and Dallas and crew didn't know who he belonged to.

IkeyM
10-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Well me and my grandson Jordan made it home safely around 9pm last night.Also had to let him drive the car for a bit - he has the SC bug since i took him down the track a few times.

forcefed95
10-01-2012, 10:32 AM
I got back to the dayton area around 8:00pm.

ricardoa1
10-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Still driving. :(

old_coot
10-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Nope we asked and Dallas and crew didn't know who he belonged to.

Poor dog....Don't know if he can handle Chili, Bailey, and Shea...

mellbutler
10-01-2012, 12:58 PM
we made it home just fine despite driving most of the way in :( The quiet time behind the wheel calms me down and gave me time to process the death of 2 pets....just REALLY Glad hubby kept it from me all wknd.

It was great to see everyone again and hope to be back in the seat racing in my own car next yr! I just couldn't shift that car hard enough and fast enough for the times ot could do. I started at 16.7 and he managed to get it down to 14.9 (I think). I was surprised that even with a b&m my black one is much easier to shift quick for me. The other 2 shootouts I had raced and was ready to spectate some.:)

mellbutler
10-01-2012, 01:00 PM
sal-glad to hear you took him home...I thought he was a track dog...vote for flash but shooter make a lot of since too:)

KYSal
10-01-2012, 01:04 PM
sal-glad to hear you took him home...I thought he was a track dog...vote for flash but shooter make a lot of since too:)

Mel, trust me, I was forced or guilted into it....:eek: I've decided he's going to start attending each year IF it's held in KY. I'm leaning towards Tank, but Anthony will have the final say. He was really cute this morning when I came out to check on him, all happy and stuff.

We thought the same thing until we spoke to the track hands...and they'd been trying to find his owner since the night before.

RedBirdin96
10-01-2012, 01:24 PM
MikeB and I made it back to the Detroit/Metro area about 11:15 last night. This was only my second year in attendance, and Mike's first, but it is definitely on my annual list of events to attend. Thanks to all that made it a great success!

Kevin McMahan

SCrazy
10-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Oatway's made it home at 6:30am Monday morning.....driving straight through was HELL!!! Never going to do that again.

Quik95SC
10-01-2012, 02:07 PM
MikeB and I made it back to the Detroit/Metro area about 11:15 last night. This was only my second year in attendance, and Mike's first, but it is definitely on my annual list of events to attend. Thanks to all that made it a great success!

Kevin McMahan

Kevin,
It was very nice to meet you and Mike. That is a very nice looking T-Birds you guys brought down to share with us. Gkad you all had a good time. See you next year.

Smitty

Quik95SC
10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Oatway's made it home at 6:30am Monday morning.....driving straight through was HELL!!! Never going to do that again.

Wow!! I can't imagine trying to drive that far in one shot after a long weekend like that. God bless you guys and all the hard work you put into the shootouts every year.

Glad you made it home safely!!

James & Dawn (Smitty)

KYSal
10-01-2012, 03:10 PM

Holy Cow!...the drive from Xenia home was a killer after ALL weekend. Said it before and I'll say it again, YOU ARE THE MAN! Glad you all made it back safe and sound!!

TSC89
10-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Rolled into Duane's around 2:00AM this morning and helped him get the car and trailer in the garage. I got to my place around 3:30. No police the whole trip and the deer didn't start showing up until Duane's neighborhood. Another great Shootout with some of the best people I know.

Wzenheimer
10-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Rebeca and I are back home. I am sure the rest of the STL crowd will post up shortly as most of us rolled most of the way together.

We had a great time and we want to thank everyone who had a hand in planning, organizing, and working for this event.

As far as Anthony's new dog I'd say name him "Clay" for Clay City, KY where you found him? I bet he was laying his head in Anthony's lap while he watched football last night.

KYSal
10-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Rebeca and I are back home.

As far as Anthony's new dog I'd say name him "Clay" for Clay City, KY where you found him? I bet he was laying his head in Anthony's lap while he watched football last night.

Glad to hear you all made it back!! Enjoyed seeing you both and that beautiful car!
As for the dog, Anthony kept his end of the bargin and "he who shall be named" did stay outside last night. Keep in mind, we have three FEMALES inside. Not a good combo when one has yet to be "fixed" up.

And "Clay" will be added to the list. :)

SCrazy
10-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Holy Cow!...the drive from Xenia home was a killer after ALL weekend. Said it before and I'll say it again, YOU ARE THE MAN! Glad you all made it back safe and sound!!

We normally stop half way home...should have this year as well. Way to long a drive after the long weekend.

It was great to see everybody again.....can't wait til next year.

pro street rich
10-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Just got home here now. I tell you what, I am one tired guy right now. This is hit the shower and then hit the hay.. Car will get unpacked some time, but this week end was a blast.. Fun was had by one and all...even the break downs were not something to get all worked up over....Rich

EECDOC
10-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Rolled into the homestead at 1:30 this afternoon. Rain from Beckley WV. to Roanoke. Had a great time, and great hanging out with all the Supercoupe people again.

Mike.......

Kurt K
10-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Got home about an hour or so ago, but actually unload everything before posting. I had a great time as always, despite the car not performing as well as I had hoped.

Big thanks to Brian Oatway for helping me find my fuel leak, Mike Siska for the fuel hose clamp and Rodney for helping me find Lowes to buy a file to "adjust" the coil pack mounting bracket.

And thanks to Neibert for selling me some racing fuel at the track. Otherwise, I might have blown it up while trying my luck at tuning the new combo.

Thanks to Rod for loaning me a torque wrench and breaker bar, since mine got left at home during the mad rush to get to the Shootout.

SCme94
10-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Made it back about 2:00 this afternoon. Big thanks to everyone involved with this!!

Name that dog "Flash"

KYSal
10-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Name that dog "Flash"

Guess who got a bath?

davec73
10-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Just got home here now. I tell you what, I am one tired guy right now. This is hit the shower and then hit the hay.. Car will get unpacked some time, but this week end was a blast.. Fun was had by one and all...even the break downs were not something to get all worked up over....Rich

Good to hear u made it Rich! Thanks again for your help

I pulled the pass side head today and filled all the intake and exhaust with fluid and nothing? No leaks and they don't look bad at all. I am taking one of them up to stegemier tomorrow so I will update as I find out more but so far I'm stumped unless the heads were leaking at the gaskets.

nickleman60
10-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Guess who got a bath?

Was that the dog at the track? BTW if it was he pee'd on my truck tire............:D

ScrapSC
10-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Was that the dog at the track? BTW if it was he pee'd on my truck tire............:D

Yep that was him... He has pee'd on every tree and bush around here!!!:D

CMac89
10-01-2012, 08:21 PM
List of dog names:

El Conquistador
Bob Saget
Hang-Lows
TeaBag

David Neibert
10-01-2012, 08:43 PM
We made it home about 2:30 this afternoon. Kathy and I had a great weekend and really enjoyed seeing everyone again and meeting some others for the first time.

Big thanks to all those who helped me get that leaking transmission fixed Saturday, especially Chris, Rod, Will and Dave. It would have sucked to miss racing the car over a $14 seal. Can't believe the entire repair was completed in under 2 hours, including the thrill ride to the parts store (Wowser...that new GT500 is fast).

David

PS: Sally I think you should name him "Blue"

mywhite89
10-01-2012, 09:05 PM
We were wondering who's dog that was also. We didnt realize he was a stray, Sarah was jealous when she read this thread. I vote to name him....."Jed"
He looks like a Jed to me, haha.

Chris

ScrapSC
10-01-2012, 09:22 PM
List of dog names:

El Conquistador
Bob Saget
Hang-Lows
TeaBag

Im thinking of combing two of them... El Conquistador de Tea Bag... Wonder if I can fit that on one of those brass plates for his collar???? :D

89XR7TD
10-01-2012, 09:37 PM
We got home around 2:20 am!! Wake up Paige when
i ran over a huge deer that was already hit...Fog was brutal
and deer F-up the trans pan and made it jump gears
and got a knock in the motor now :-(!

davec73
10-01-2012, 10:07 PM

Man sorry to hear that Tom I hope you get it fixed and that its nothing major.

jludorf
10-02-2012, 02:57 AM
I thought we had run over the dog when we turned around on the grass as he was laying in the shade next to the trailer and Dale had been feeding him at lunch. I check after i turned around and he seemed to be fine but he had me worried as he was laying only a couple feet from my tracks in the grass. Seems like a nice dog, glad he has gone to a good home.

Maybe he should be named Lucky

Made it to Fargo tonight. Hope to be home Wednesday

89XR7TD
10-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Man sorry to hear that Tom I hope you get it fixed and that its nothing major.

Thanks Dave!! Good luck with yours also, It sucks that you didnt get to run it around all weekend :(

Mike Puckett
10-02-2012, 09:51 AM
I got home about 5 pm after dropping Judi off at her place. What a miserable drive. It poured most of the way home. We saw 8 seperate wrecks with cars spun into the wall or guard rail on either side of the interstate. One was a Fed Ex tandem truck with one trailer laying on its side. We would have been home an hour earlier but we got stuck in a traffic jam for an hour just north of Atlanta on I-75.
We had a great time. I just wish I'd have run better but at least we made it all the way without a breakdown. I did figure out my gas mileage for the whole trip including my 5 passes down the dragstrip and got 22.5 mpg for the whole trip.

David Neibert
10-02-2012, 12:26 PM

Tom,

I'm glad you and Paige made it this year and I'm sorry to hear about the deer incident.

David

kenewagner
10-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Got home around 7:00 last night. Awesome time this year in spite of sleeping at the tree in the finals:rolleyes: Great time for all and thanks to people like the Oatways, Dalkes and Arnolds, the apple pie was good;) Got an old cooler to load with prized possessions for next years box of crap raffle. only 360 some odd days to wait

Ken

89XR7TD
10-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Tom,

I'm glad you and Paige made it this year and I'm sorry to hear about the deer incident.

David

It was great to be there and participate!! Although this is my Third Shootout
attending...its first time bringing an SC :eek:

Paige enjoyed herself as well and said that everyone was so very nice
and she would like to come next year as well:)

Straighten my sig pic finally....

Hopefully car will be good to go next year!

ALS35
10-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Got home yesterday at 5:35 PM. Long drive. Total mileage for the weekend was 1184.2 miles. Being able to drive home after racing the car was a good thing. Unloaded today, re-installed the seats and washed the bugs off the car. Rainex and a good wax job before the bugs made it not so bad.
Only dragged the bottom of the car 3 times on the way home. Next year I will bring an air pig to re-inflate my air bags. The little compressor that I thought was for that burned up in Zimmer's hand about 30 seconds after plugging it in. Needless to say, that burnt junk stayed at the track.
I enjoyed the company, stories and laughter of everyone again this year. A big shout out to the Dalke family for all the time and energy spent on this event. Also a shout out to the Oatway family for their culinary efforts. Yum.
The hotel was a great choice and having the car show and dyno in the hotel lot on Saturday was a stroke of genious. Made for a stress free day.
Sorry to see that Sal could only race to the bottom of the trailer ramps. Lean on the big guy, Sal, there's only 360 days left to get it ready for the next one.;)
I didn't know that they sold 'official' tables for beer pong. To even have one shows dedication to the 'sport'!
The best part of throwing cheese at a bat is the hilarious sound the cheese makes when it hits a wall. Never would have guessed.
Glad to hear that everyone made it home OK.
Alan
PS. From what I saw of that dog, Sal, you should name him 'Woody':eek:

jludorf
10-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Finally made it home today at 2pm I am beat