Stuck in firm ride

renello79

I know that I can usually find the information I am looking for using search first and I did search first, but my question was not answered. So here it is.

I just replaced my shock with the Tokico Illumina II front and rear with the Tokico 1.5 inch drop springs. Before I did My suspension it was stuck in firm ride due to a frozen needle (in the front driver side shock). Now i finished up the replacement at first I had 2 blinks of the firm ride light so i figured that out and now it just stays in firm ride and the actuators don't cycle at all. Any input would be greatly helpful.

Thank you all in advance

Before anyone asks I actually prefer the firm ride, but my girl complains about how stiff my car rides all the time and I really don't wanna hear it anymore.
plus it would be nice if i could get everything functioning properly on my SC.

Last edited:
I know that I can usually find the information I am looking for using search first and I did search first, but my question was not answered. So here it is.

I just replaced my shock with the Tokico Illumina II front and rear with the Tokico 1.5 inch drop springs. Before I did My suspension it was stuck in firm ride due to a frozen needle (in the front driver side shock). Now i finished up the replacement at first I had 2 blinks of the firm ride light so i figured that out and now it just stays in firm ride and the actuators don't cycle at all. Any input would be greatly helpful.

Thank you all in advance

Before anyone asks I actually prefer the firm ride, but my girl complains about how stiff my car rides all the time and I really don't wanna hear it anymore.
plus it would be nice if i could get everything functioning properly on my SC.

Does the light go out when you unplug the firm ride switch?

Just curious but could the ABS system affect the ARC system and get this result?

Certainly. There is a pressure that senses hard braking and turns the firm ride on under this condition. I suppose if the switch were shorted to ground that could take place.

Is that the sensor that is in line by the exhaust manifold on the driver side? Cause if so mine is broken

I am not familiar enough with our ABS system to verify that. I know there is a pressure sensing switch somewhere that activates the firm ride under hard braking. I am not certain if it works on the always on or always off principle. That said I am certain how it would affect the system if it were missing.

Is that the sensor that is in line by the exhaust manifold on the driver side? Cause if so mine is broken

The block on the frame?

Is that switch unplugged, and is the wiring open?

If that switch closes, it forces FIRM (design is to close at approx. 400 PSI to signify heavy breaking). That could be part of the problem.

RwP

Does anyone have a picture of the switch so I can verify if that's is it? Also if this is the problem do I need it?

Back