abs speed sensors after newer spindle install

mywhite89

I upgraded my 89 a while back to newer front spindles. In the process, I now have no abs sensors in the front end. I would like to get that back working again to shut my light off. If I buy front sensors for a 93 thunderbird will the newer sensors lock correctly to my 89 wiring?

Chris

If the sensors are simply not in the spindles they are available for the 89 to purchase and install. They will stay in the spindle.

I updated to 95s and used the 89 sensors.

If the sensors are simply not in the spindles they are available for the 89 to purchase and install. They will stay in the spindle.

I updated to 95s and used the 89 sensors.

Oh ok. Thats what I will do. I assume the pick-up on the spindle should work with the early sensor as well then. Wherever I got these spindles, someone had cut the wiring to the sensors, so I just beat them out of there. No such thing as buying used sensors on these cars!!

chris

Last edited:
I reused my 90 ABS sensors when I did the spindle swap without any issues. I may actually have a few spares if you need some.

I reused my 90 ABS sensors when I did the spindle swap without any issues. I may actually have a few spares if you need some.

That would work as long as their the early style, just let me know how much you want for them.

chris

Back