what the ????

curse

I have a 94 5 speed. Lately it has felt very heavy, like if it is fighting it's self to move at high rpm. It's still fast but not how it use to be. It feels like it out of breath, sorry i can't describe it better. It's not smoking and my wires are good going to change my plugs today. I have ported and polished heads, match lower intake, 10% pulley, true duals with an X pipe no cats or res. MSD DIS-4 with MSD wires, and some other stuff can't remember all. If anyone can help it would be great. Thanks

P.S.

I am getting crappy gas mileage I get between 105-120 mile per half tank. Hope that info gives you guys a better idea

Last edited:
Well, how did it go after you changed the plugs?? That would've been my first instruction. If you are going to change the plugs might as well do the wires too.

What's your air filter look like? Fuel filter? Inside your MAF?

hello!

The drop in fuel economy definatley signifies your problem.. If you change the plugs be sure to use either Motorcraft or AutoLite Double platinum. Most other types won't work in the SC. Did this occur abrupty or over time? If the latter, I agree w/ something like air filter. If abruptly, sounds more like electronics, o2 sensors perhaps.

I changed the plugs and it feels better, but it still feels heavy once it heats up. I have a K&N air filter just washed it, fuel filter just replaced a few months ago as well as the O2 sensors. One O2 sensor is a Bosch palatinum and the other is a Ford replacement part. Could that mean somethig?? also I'm using .99 cent AutoLite plugs because of the MSD box, can you guys give me any other tips thanks alot for the ones you gave me. Also when i checked the O2 sensors the Bosch O2 looked new, but the Ford piece had a alot of carbon built up on it?? Thanks

Have you verified that your fuel pressure regulator hasn't failed? Check the vacuum line that runs to it and look for any fuel. Any fuel in that line at all means it's failed. The diaphram in them can rupture causing fuel to be sucked into the intake system.

You'll run rich, and economy will be terrible.

How doesn't an X pipe sound right with true dual exhaust? I have an exhaust pipe coming from each exhaust manifold and they form an X in the middle of my tranny then countine all the way to the back.
No Mike I have not checked the fuel prerssure reg, sounds like a good idea to me. Thanks, someone else also offered that my injectors my be bad my car does have a lot of miles about 160,000 and they are the stock injectors.The question I have is that I have some 50 pound MSD injectors right now I was wondering what would happen if I were to put them on when i get my C&L mass air meter.I am pushing maybe 270 flywheel hp if I'm lucky, do you think they are way too big injectors for me??

clean your MAF sensor.

You are not supposed to oil K&N filters, they get oil on the MAF and cause the car to run crappy.

Brian

You must oil K&N filters or they do not FILTER.

What you shouldn't do is saturate the filter with oil. Use K&N filter oil and follow the instructions.

when you oil them, regardless of if you follow the directions, they get the MAF dirty. I've seen it personally a few dozen times. Every time I tune someone that has a K&N I make them take the sensor off and clean the hot wires before I will even touch the programming. Just my personal experience :)

make sure your cats are not plugged, cause that would do it. plus, that would be a good reason why your 02 is carbon crazed.

throw a vacuum guage on it

aaron

Back