Things I liked at the 2010 Shootout

nickleman60

I think the way this years Shootout was organized was great.

1. My room at the Hampton Inn was super nice, almost too nice.
2. Car show and dyno competion in the parking lot was a great success.
3. Catered dinner was great and dining hall was a nice atmosphere for awards/raffles.
4. Proximity of my room to all of the events made it a breeze to take breaks.
5. Drag strip was nice and organized.

I for one would vote to come back here next year.......if the hotel will agree....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
For my first shootout this was a great experience! Also with Dan, Anthony and Sal living so close its kind of a no brainer if you ask me. I would love to go back to this site next year and maybe I will actually have a running car for the dyno and the track on sunday lol.

I was more than happy with the location! Not a bad drive, nice having everything right there! Plus if like in my case you book late there are two hotels next door! The track was great and not far away! The dinner was great the whole thing was smooth sailing! Even a liquor store just down the street lol

I am glad the hotel was so accomodating with the dyno. After talking to the lady at the desk on day shift I came to an understanding of why. They have a few biker clubs that rent the hotel out. One of them just happened to be "Hells Angels". So, after talking to her on Sunday before heading to the track I have a feeling it is a non issue with the hotel rental for next year. That is if the shootout is held at Clay City again.

Back