oil pan fitment

Lycaon1349

im preparing and collecting parts to do a 351w swap into my MN12 and i came across a custom oil pan to fit a 351w into a fox body mustang. does anyone know if the engine cradles are similar enough between the two chassis that this pan will work for me? i saw a picture of it and the clearance looks much much sharper than the stock F250 pan that came off my motor, i expect that i might have to hammer out some spots on the pan but if its close enough then ill grab it from the guy. it comes with the pickup tube and a set of bbk shorty headers. will the headers fit the mn12 chassis? if not im sure i can offload them for money towards block huggers. any info appreciated, thanks guys!:D

For this swap, I'd suggest you may do better checking the 5.0/5.8 subforum at http://forums.tccoa.com instead.

All your questions can be answered there. We actually have a few posters that run 351Ws there.

RwP

The 302 and 351W share the same oil pan configuration. You should be able to use an oil pan from a 5.0 MN12. I am not certain if they are different from what was used for a fox body Mustang. I know the 5.0 in the 94/95 SN95 cars is very similar to that of the 5.0 that was used in the 92/93 MN12's. The 351W is wider at the top of the engine than a 302 due to the taller deck height. That said I am not certain of what works from an exhaust manifold/header stand point. I would imagine that will be one of the more difficult challenges.

sitting at stock height, yes. but i read im supposed to drop half of the motor mounts for upper engine area clearance.

The OEM style pan that people use for 351W Fox Mustang swaps is from the 79 - 91 Crown Vic / Grand Marquis. The front section of the 5.0L MN12 / SN95 Mustang pan is a bit different than the Fox, I think it was made a bit smaller and reshaped for additional clearance. Maybe the 351W Crown Vic pan could be slightly modified to work?

Available from FRPP with the pickup tube and dipstick and tube:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=1671

cheers
Ed

Last edited:
Back