View Full Version : Gateway Test & Tune ...Saturday Nov 10th

David Neibert
10-10-2012, 02:46 PM
See last page for details

http://www.gatewaymsp.com/en/

Weather link

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Madison+IL+USIL0708:1:US

David

Changed from the 17th to 24th because of rain.
Changed from the 24th to 31st because of weather (too warm).
Changed from the 31st to 7th because my wife said so :p
Changed from the 7th to 10th of Nov...by track and nobody is going.

Kurt K
10-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Halloween is out for me. I might try for the following Wednesday night.

David Neibert
10-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Halloween is out for me. I might try for the following Wednesday night.

Yeah...it's out for me too. Nov 7th is the new target date.

David

scskydivin
10-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Thanks for posting this, David. I'll mark it down in case work is slow. I won't be racing, but it'd be cool to hang out.

davec73
10-27-2012, 08:20 PM
well I wont be able to make it this year, but next spring i will be ready. My motor and trans are out and I am rebuilding a late model m5r2, installing a ky clutch capable of more torque than I will ever see and everything else that needs replaced is getting replaced should be done mid nov but thats a little too late for the 7th.

racecougar
10-28-2012, 05:48 PM
As long as the weather remains as forecasted, I'm going to head over there this Wednesday. Hopefully there won't be much of a crowd since it's Halloween, so I'll actually get to make a decent number of passes. Plus, I'm worried that we'll get rained out on the 7th/14th, as that has been par for the course it seems.

Randy
10-31-2012, 09:30 AM
David I would like to come over and watch ya burn down the track for old time fun. If I can find someone drive me over to the track,I will be there. I am not strong enough to drive that far on my own.It 89 miles from my home.
You most likley will not know me by sight. I have lost over 120 pounds.

I still have my 90SC. Hope to get a new motor in it soon. I would like for David D. to install a new motor ,stock motor.

My health had been going south for a long time, cancer. I am in a better mood than the the last time i talked to you on line. Sorry to the way I treated you, I was mad at every thing and every body, I am sorry!

I am now cancer free, although I am still recovering, I hope when I see ya
you will still talk to me, Thanks Randy Baker

David Neibert
10-31-2012, 03:41 PM
Randy,

Glad to hear you are cancer free. No need to apologise for anything, I'm sure we have all said stuff we regret later. Hope you get your strength back real soon.

David

racecougar
11-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Depending on what I have on my plate next week, I may bring the Mustang over to make a few passes. We'll see. Either way, I'm putting the street tires back on the Cougar so I can enjoy it some before snow starts flying.

David Neibert
11-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Depending on what I have on my plate next week, I may bring the Mustang over to make a few passes. We'll see. Either way, I'm putting the street tires back on the Cougar so I can enjoy it some before snow starts flying.

Was is crowded on the 31st ? How was the track prep ?

David

racecougar
11-02-2012, 06:03 PM
The lack of a crowd on the 31st was awesome. I could have easily made eight or more passes if I wanted to. As it was, I made four passes, waiting at least thirty minutes in the pits between passes, and we were out of there just after 9PM. I think the longest I waited in the staging lanes was maybe 10-15 minutes while they let the bikes run, though I did get stuck waiting in the water box for 45 minutes while they cleaned up a oil-down just before my first pass.

They did what they could as far as track prep goes, but the track temp was 54* at 6PM and dropped from there as the night went on. According to the people that were with me, I was one of the few that was actually hooking. It was okay, as long as you really got the tires hot and were in the groove. Even so, everything past the eighth mile was like glass. The first three passes were manageable, but on my last pass of the night, the right tire hooked better than the left and knocked the car out of the groove right off the line. That pass took a fair amount of steering.

Kurt K
11-06-2012, 10:20 AM
I just checked the website:

Canceling TEST N' TUNE Nov 7 & 14

Rescheduling TEST N' TUNE – Nov 10

Gates Open @ 10am

Racing Starts @ 11 am

I still plan on attending.

David Neibert
11-06-2012, 03:08 PM
I just checked the website:

I still plan on attending.

I've got other plans for Saturday, so I guess I'm done for this year.

David

Kurt K
11-06-2012, 04:21 PM
I've got other plans for Saturday, so I guess I'm done for this year.

David

In that case, I'd be better off waiting myself, as I have numerous home projects that need my attention.

You should update the first post/title.

racecougar
11-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Changed from the 7th to 10th of Nov...by track and nobody is going.

I'm planning on going.

David Neibert
11-08-2012, 01:15 AM
Looks like the track outing is back on for Saturday :)

scskydivin
11-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Sucks. It's finally on a Saturday. And I'll be replacing my water pump. :(

davec73
11-09-2012, 02:32 AM
Im putting my engine and trans in on sat guys have some fun for me!

David Neibert
11-09-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm all loaded up and ready to go in the AM. Should get to track around 9:45.

David

racecougar
11-10-2012, 08:56 AM
See you over there. I'm going to start loading mine up in about an hour.

Kurt K
11-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Ugh, I still have some brake issues going on and I haven't decided if I'm going to head over and watch yet. I have a ton of stuff to do around the house that needs to get done, so I will likely be staying home....it will be a last-minute decision.

David Neibert
11-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Kurt,

Be glad you stayed home. Weather was hot (near 80 degrees) and the lines were long. I ended up only making 2 passes. 1st pass I let off around the 1000 ft mark and ended up running 11.392 @ 102.75...a few hours later I made a full pass and the car started missing when I got into 3rd gear and ran a sucky 11.207 @ 122.43.

Felt like it was starving for fuel bucking a little, not snapping and popping like it usually does when too rich, but not sure since I didn't data log it. As far as I can tell, nothing got hurt and it doesn't miss a beat in the lower gears. It might not be able to burn the fuel under a load because I added another gal of C16 to what I already had in the tank from the Shootout.

David

racecougar
11-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Agreed. Gateway sucked today. David and I got back in line after our first passes at 12:45PM. Somehow his lane moved a little quicker than mine, and after a couple hours, he got to make his second pass. I finally made my second pass at 3:06PM. Cliff notes: We were at the track from 9:30AM til almost 4PM, and we each only got to make two passes.

I scored a new best MPH on my first pass (113.58), but it was a 12.21 E.T. On the second pass the ECT's were way too cold and I injected too much methanol during the burnout, which caused it to run pig rich (as in in the 9:1-10:1 AFR range), and it coughed it's way to a 12.4 @ 110. I need to get used to the new secondary meth system, and I still can't figure out why it won't shift later than 6500-6600 rpm. I'll look into in more this winter, I guess.

scskydivin
11-10-2012, 11:33 PM
I guess alot of folks had the same idea that you guys had. Sucks that the results weren't great. Were you two the only bird guys there?