New guy saying hey.

fasttruck93l

I've owned a 93 SC for a while now. It's black with gray leather. An automatic car with sunroof and duel power seats. I bought it for $1000 with a bad motor. It had a spun rod bearing. I rebuilt it and have been driving it for 30,000 miles now. Just blew a head gasket and bent a valve. Got on here and did some searching and in about 5 minutes I found all the info I needed for my rebuild this time. I plan on going through all the motions with MLS head gaskets and ARP head studs. I really don't want to go throught this again. Thanks to everybody on here for making this a very informative website. I will post back when I get it going.

New guy..

hey there good to see you joining the group. I am a "new" old guy of the group. i had a 89 xr7 a few years back and couldnt remember my password when i got me this 90 35th 5 speed black with black and gray leather interior. Hope you have a good experience with us.

Thanks,
Todd White

Welcome to the group. A lot of good information you can find here and great people to help you with anything you wish to do.

Chris

Getting my heads back from the machine shop soon and got all parts necessary to go back together. Cant wait to start driving it again. I've had to drive my 93 lightning that's vortech supercharged instead. Although fun, drinks gas like it's going out of style. Just ran a 13.7 in my truck at the track on 87 octane and slicks the other weekend. Still want my car back running though.

Starting to get pi$$ed off at my machine shop. They said a couple of days a week ago. They had to do a valve job. I guess theyre having a heck of a time changing out the valve guides. Starting to get frustrated.

Got my heads back finally. Put everything back together and my radiator is junk. Found an all aluminum replacement on radiatorexpress.com. $155 and $15 for shipping. Going in with it tomorrow. Gutted the cats while at it. Ordering a magnaflow for it too. Keeping resonators on it. Heard they sound like junk without them. Thanks for parts advice and numbers. This forum saved my butt. Keep it up guys.

Back