Exhaust header removal?

Rezid

I currently have mustang shorty headers on my T Bird and am going back to my stock manifolds. What is the best way to go about removing them, from the top or underneath? It looks like a pain in the ~~~ just by looking at it.

the only time ive taken mine off, i was doing headgaskets and had everything off the engine, so it was easy at that point, but i would imagine from underneath would be easiest, with some u-joints and some extensions. i almost want to say (but im not sure, just trying to think logically) it would be easier to also remove your spark plugs to help make it easier to wiggle the headers out, and put them (or new ones) back in after installing the headers so you dont risk hitting the spark plugs and damaging them.

I currently have mustang shorty headers on my T Bird and am going back to my stock manifolds. What is the best way to go about removing them, from the top or underneath? It looks like a pain in the ~~~ just by looking at it.

I typically unbolt from the head from the top, the flange from the bottom then undo the engine mounts and jack the motor up and snake them out from the bottom. It's been a while and I may have also pulle the steering shaft out of the way too.

Back