PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle 2013?

Regul8r
10-14-2012, 12:55 AM
I am the event coordinator for the Gran Torino Sport.Org club.
We are doing our event at Carlisle in 2013 June 7-9.

IF SCCoA hasn't coordinated for a Hotel yet, I invite y'all to stay with us.
I may be driving the SC if the Gran Torino isn't done!

I have the hotel contract and will be sending it back Monday, then will have all the info to pass along.

This is early but it is an open invitation to join the other group I am associated with!
Last year they had the SC's parked with the Gran Torinos.
It was cool to see the SCs in the Gran Torino pics they posted!
My 2 loves together!

J dot Miller
10-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Where???
:cool:

BLOWN38
10-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Could be fun if they like to partay!:D

Regul8r
10-15-2012, 12:27 AM
We are a great group of people and love a good time. lol

Details on the hotel will come in a couple days when the contract is confirmed.

XxSlowpokexX
10-15-2012, 08:02 PM
I was actually looking at

Park Inn Harrisburg West
5401 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050

They have a live band outdoor bar and a bunch of other crud. Little further away then hotel Carlisle but a really happening place.

Partied there last year and stayed there before for some work related conferences. Its filled with car clubs during the event

Let us know where you were going to stay

Regul8r
10-15-2012, 08:22 PM
I was actually looking at

Park Inn Harrisburg West
5401 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050

They have a live band outdoor bar and a bunch of other crud. Little further away then hotel Carlisle but a really happening place.

Partied there last year and stayed there before for some work related conferences. Its filled with car clubs during the event

Let us know where you were going to stay

That is the hotel I am working with.
My Gran Torino Sport group will be able to start making reservations this week.
I can get the same deal for the SCCoA if people are interested!?

XxSlowpokexX
10-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Definitely. I think everyone will like it and we been wanting to do something different for years.

Like I said I been there and its a cool setup. They even had a mechanical bull ..May still be there haha!

Regul8r
10-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Well, all I need is a go ahead from those going to Carlisle who want to stay at this hotel.
I will get a contract from the hotel to hold a block of rooms and you'll be able to call direct, tell them you are with SCCoA and they will block you together and I'll get both the SCCoA and the Gran Torino Sport.Org (GTS.ORG) groups blocked together too!
GTS.ORG I have an ajoining room to my room for gathering and also a meeting room set aside as well.
Here is what I have from the hotel already...

They are well versed in dealing with the Car Clubs! Made me feel comfortable dealing with them.

Prelim stuff
1. $99 rate for Thursday night (early arrivers)
2. $133 rate for Fri and Sat nights
3. They put on a Friday night BBQ event for all the clubs staying there... a FREE beer and Hot Dog/Hamburger with Sides type buffet to show their appreciation to the clubs.
4. Multiple bars and outside areas for us to meet in.
5. Seperate meeting rooms or could do an adjoining room (they will clear out the bed for us to use as a meeting room)
6. Block of rooms together for the group
7. PLENTY of parking and they will section off areas for the different clubs to call their own once we get a count of cars, trucks, and trailers
8. a bunch of Mustang and a couple Truck groups stay there every year and some already booked, so we are surrounded by other car guys making the trip to and from the show and partying at night!

We as the GTS.ORG will be going to the Drag Strip on Friday too!

here is a link to the hotel...
http://www.parkinn.com/hotel-harrisburgwestpa

Someone let me know!

XxSlowpokexX
10-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Well this is where I was planning on booking us for 2013 and I
think the core group of guys will be on board

XxSlowpokexX
10-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Only problem I see is you can still book a room for $127 a night. Without any kind of AAA discount

Pat DiPersia
10-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Only problem I see is you can still book a room for $127 a night. Without any kind of AAA discount

Free beer and BBQ? I'll spend the extra $8. Done. What else are we going to do - Hooters?!

XxSlowpokexX
10-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Pat its a pretty cool place. Its a little past hooters. I didnt mention it because I usually wait till after new years.

Now....How many rooms to block?

Regul8r
10-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Pat its a pretty cool place. Its a little past hooters. I didnt mention it because I usually wait till after new years.

Now....How many rooms to block?

the Hotel called me back today(been back and forth getting everything settled with BOTH groups)

GTS.ORg has 20 rooms blocked, my room has an adjoining room they are clearing out for a hospitality suite, plus a meeting room by the front area.

The hotel is sending me the contract to lock in 25 rooms for SCCoA.
They will co-locate both groups so both groups can use my hospitality suite and hang with each other, they are also providing SCCoA with a meeting room the is adjoining to the GTS.ORG meeting room.

The price is $99 for Thursday and $133 Fri/Sat.
Not sure what rate is being shown on the internet but the Hotel is at Capacity for that weekend and it will not be $127.

I will call her tomorrow and express the $127 rate you found and find out what is going on!?

She will have GTS.ORG in the system for Friday Morning to start reservations and SCCoA probably Monday/Tuesday after I get the contract back to her tomorrow.

The other advantage to 2 groups is IF 1 goes over I can swap the room over from the other block also it is POSSIBLE if someone needs to split a room as a single, both groups may have a couple singles who could share and we'll be on the same floor/same hallway.

Same floor/hallway means no worries of other groups complaining about noise.

Say the word and I'll sign the contract and get the reservation link on here in a new thread with a Who's Going roll up.

Regul8r
10-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Here is the deal with that $127 you found...
1. We are locking it in so early the new real rates had not been updated yet.
2. That is a PAY NOW rate, not a hold and pay when you go
3. It is NON-Refundable/cancellable
4. Not able to put in the block of rooms with the rest of us

New rate on the site is $135 now.

Contract is in hand and IF it is "approved" by the SCCoA members... I'll send it in and we can start making our reservations.
No cash/credit hold now and cancellable up to 7 days prior to the show.

rjgraul
10-19-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm in for the new lodging, sounds more than suitable for our needs.

Ralph

Tim Groth
10-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Sounds good to me aswell - thanks for getting this taken care of.

-Tim

J dot Miller
10-21-2012, 08:00 PM
the Hotel called me back today(been back and The hotel is sending me the contract to lock in 25 rooms for SCCoA.

Thats a lot of rooms. You should get a head count first.

Regul8r
10-21-2012, 11:14 PM
The contract will get sent back tomorrow and as soon as SCCoA is uploaded in the hotel system I will post the PH# and how to make the reservations.

Looking forward to meeting everyone face to face in June!!

Ken Seegers
10-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Looking forward to meeting everyone face to face in June!!

You might regret saying that!!!!! some of us are pretty scary.

Thanks for putting this together.

Ken
Now the question is what to bring black 92SC, white 93SC, or the white 86 mustang GT with mystery motor

Regul8r
10-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Paperwork is in, y'all should be able to start making reservations on Wednesday.

I'll start a new thread with the attendance roster and Hotel info later.

XxSlowpokexX
10-22-2012, 07:47 PM
We normally dont start registering till february march lol,,Heck the carlisle thread doesnt get going till then.

XxSlowpokexX
10-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Oh and make a separate hotel registration thread and I will add the people to the official thread later on

Regul8r
10-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Oh and make a separate hotel registration thread and I will add the people to the official thread later on

Will do!
No worries about being early.
This is good up til just prior to the event.

89ohmy
01-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Any rooms left? This will be my first year at carlisle as my motor locked up the week before the show last year...

Regul8r
01-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Any rooms left? This will be my first year at carlisle as my motor locked up the week before the show last year...

Call the hotel and make your reservation.

BLOWN38
01-14-2013, 08:47 PM

Fresh meat.:D