50 Extra Horses!!

Wicked SC

I was finally able to get a pic of my two mods. Together they boosted engine output by about 50 horsepower. Check it out(they look better if you look at the full-size pic's):

Picture before the mods
before.JPG

And here's the "AFTER" pic.
after.JPG

Yeah, the spoiler is good for about 40 ponies (I was going to get one off of a Riced-out Honda, but it created too much power and downforce for my stock SC :D ). And the bumper lettering gives me about 10 more horses, for a total of 50 additional hp. Pretty good for 30 minutes worth of work, huh? :D

Last edited:
Man! Just imagine if you had a coffee-can tail pipe how many horses you would get! Word is that the ricers are getting around 75 horses!:eek:
dirtybirdie

Really, 75 horses?? Well actually, my next project (after motor mounts next week) will be exhaust. If ricers get that much performance out of a coffe can, imagine what my SC will accomplish with one of these:

gotrice.jpg

What do you guys think? I think it'll look good with my clear taillights and Nike hood decals. :p

Whoa! LOL! Dude that's a chimney! I bet that's worth 300 or 400 horse power! I bet Santa Clause could fit down that thing! Maybe if they know that they will leave some rice and cookies for Santa!
dirtybird91:eek:

I dunno.

I really don't think it's a SHO spoiler. It says "THUNDERBIRD" on the inside. I took it off of my '89 before I sold her a few months ago. When I bought the '89, it came with the spoiler, so I don't know if it's a factory set-up, or if the previous owner got it aftermarket (they're not very common, though).

Last edited:
hey, if you REALLY want to boost your HP, paint your spoiler, and any other random parts, YELLOW!!!! remember, yellow = horsepower!

nah... the best mod would be to take a couple cans of metallic green spray paint and make it look like any other civic's custom paint scheme...

Yeah, OK!! C'mon, guys, keep on posting your suggestions, cause I'm taking notes. Maybe I could paint the calipers Neon Green :p . Hmmm ...

Back