SWB001 Fired up in memory for Paul Brown

SWB001

Mustang Racer and all around great guy Paul Brown lost his battle with cancer this weekend at the age of 43. Paul played a big roll in the original build of the Kenny Brown Short Wheelbase SC program back in 1989. I haven't had the TBird out in over a year, so Saturday morning, after Paul passed, I thought I should drop the lift down and fire up Bird in memory for Paul. Just felt the need. Anyhow, since I've never had a video of it running, I thought I would post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ8FDqHLQus&feature=plcp

Here's a photo from back around 1989-90 of the car. That's Paul on the right. This was during the photo shoot for Hot Rod and other mags intruducing the SWB car.
Bird0011.jpg

JeffJ
'89 AutoKraft/Kenny Brown Short Wheelbase #001 with a 1969 Vortech Supercharged StreetBoss 302, T5 5 Speed.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing It would be really cool if cars like this one showed up for SCCOA events like the shootout

Sorry to hear about Paul. His shop did the stainless exhaust on my SWB.

Attachments

• fordswb.jpg
    fordswb.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 235
  • lob.jpg
    lob.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 293
  • adboth.jpg
    adboth.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 290
  • SWB218sm.jpg
    SWB218sm.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 302
  • rrview.jpg
    rrview.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 323
Sad news but such a nice tribute! Thank you for sharing such a prized ride.

Also George thank you for sharing as well. Some very cool pics. That magazine article you also attached is crazy. 15" taken out of the rear makes it look like it was rear ended by a bus and they just decided to roll with the look. I like the SWBs but taking out 15" I think is a bit much.

,Brandon

What a great tribute and am I the only one that thinks taking the 4wd SC and making it a SWB bird would be insane! :-O I know the amount of work would be intense but that car would rip!

Brown was the son of the legendary race driver Kenny Brown, of Kenny Brown Performance. He started racing at 16, starting in autocross and gymkhana events in street vehicles. He competed in the Sports Car Club of America World Challenge for nearly 20 years. He finished top ten in more than half of those races. Read more here: World Challenge champion Paul Brown dies

I didn't know him, but I can respect another car enthusiast and it's always a sad day to lose someone that's involved in the same community you are in. Rest In Peace Paul Brown. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. ;(

Awwwww!!!!

That's sad!!!

Thanks for sharing the photo and youtube video!!

Nice piece of history for sure!

Thanks for sharing Jeff.

I met you at Bandimere, All Ford Day a few years ago when I had my black '92 SC 5 speed.

Take care,

Jeramie

Paul Brown Memorial event

Paul Brown 3rd annual memorial will take place in Lincoln, Nebraska in early April a rally cruise, Museum tour and after hours gathering at Paul's favorite Body & paint.. (or more like) ..''crashed race car all night repair shop''! "Auto Kraft body & paint inc." 712 w Cornhusker hwy Lincoln, paul-brown19.jpgP1010002.JPGcarolscar2.JPGDSC01705.jpgDSC01689.jpg contact Jim Holstien (Pauls uncle) 402 525 9213

Hey Doug,

Do you have a date for the rally cruise in April? Depending on date and time, I may try to come down.

Back