LED bulbs in rear corners buzzing noise

barberben

I put LED bulbs in my front corners yesterday and loved them. I decided to put in LEDs in the rear and got a buzzing noise and no flash. Any ideas as to why and how to correct that?

Also, I got a pair of load equalizers for the front to fix the "fast flash" issue. Would this correct the rear buzzing?

Last edited:
the blinker relay box does not lie having led bulbs since they dont have enuff power consuption to trigger the blink function u will have to wire in a resistor to make them work correctly i tried the same thing ended up just putting the led`s in the front and leaving the rears stock

Or you can ad in an aftermarket blinker relay that doesnt have the short curcuit issue. Its a matter of running extension wiresand romotely mounting teh relay

I put in the resistors and they work. I'll get another pair and that should slow them back down to normal. I'll post the results. BTW; they look WAY better.

Suggestion: Put them in parallel with the FRONT turn signals.

In our cars, the front and back are wired in parallel during turn signal operation, but ... the brake lights are separate.

Therefore, you'll avoid running the resistors for just brake lights, but you'll have them to fix the flash.

Or do like I did, and convert to a EP27 electronic flasher.

BTW - it's not a "short circuit", it's a LACK of current to operate the flasher properly. It's doing what it's supposed to do , in order to let you know an incandescent filament is not connected.

RwP

For Gen1s, no. There's a tech article on how to put one inside the old flasher module, but I did five .250" Faston(tm) females on my car.

For later cars, the EP34 lists as a plug/n/play (by later I mean 93+).

There's also a socket that's available that can be wired into the current harness - that may be a better idea. As an example, the 1996 Chevy Beretta is plug/n/play for the EP27.

RwP

Back