Single o2 sensor good or bad idea?

JT's03

Want to run a single o2 on the pass side and splice the drv side harness into the pass side. What is the wiring diagram for this and anyone think this is a bad idea? I do have a wideband that I will be monitoring with as well located in the down pipe.

Probably not a good idea. The EEC varies the mixture for each bank based on readings from the O2 sensor. Dont know how youd compensate for just 1.

Dont think I can disable just one with the advantage3 software. I can on the other hand prevent it from ever going cl.

I know it's been done before but dont know how it was wired or tuned. Looking at some old datalogs both banks lay over each other under noraml driving conditions.

Advantage has to be able to change it. It's very basic. The EEC-IV itself will start ignoring one if it doesn't respond and will eventually switch to just the one side is working.

Don't mess with the wiring. Jacked up 02 wiring is one of the reasons so many folks will run open loop on their cars.

Boy dont I look dumb. :eek: Giving a first grade answer to a 2nd grade question.

It's all a learning process. I really dont know how this is going to work out until I do it. Guess I'm going to start a thread over on the sct forums to see where I can find the correct parameters to change.

I only run one on my turbo setup, believe I extended the drivers side to run over to the passengers where the pipes merge. From what I remember Dalke saying is that its always looking for the drivers, but the passenger can be turned on/off.

no thats backwards, you can disable the driver side but YOU CAN NOT DISABLE THE PASSENGER SIDE

the passenger side is hego1

numego is the PID for the # of hego's scalar its as simple as changing its values from 2 to 1

the injector output port may also be labeled under 'bank assignement' or 'injector assignment' or injector bank assignement' or some stupid crap like that, its very easy to spot as its the ONLY 1 row table that exist

it will have values such as

0 0 0 1 1 1
or
1 1 1 2 2 2
or even
0 0 0 2 2 2

it just depends on how the definition file creator chose to show it

in any case make the last 3 the same as the first 3 and all is well in the world

enjoy

Backing up the post above.

My P-side is out and the car won't hardly run. D-side was bad I couldnt tell until Dalke plugged in B&E.

Now to get the P-side out. Getting glowing red on the exhaust and turn it about 1/8 of an inch with the pipe wrench since the threads are gone. Going to take a bit. Been working on it for 2 weeks now. :eek:

stubborn o2s are pretty aggravating, i've had my fair share, it appears folks don't know snug is plenty good enough

"Adaptive injector mapping" assigns injectors to the bank.

In advantage3 software cyl 123 are all assigned to bank 0

cyl 456 are assigned to bank 2

Wonder if I need to assign 456 to bank 0 like 123 are??

Also I turned bank2 heater off since it's not in the car.

x2

DO NOT DISABLE THE FRONT HEGO HEATERS!!!
in fact i typically increase them to NO LESS than 50% duty cycle in the time function

don't forget to disable the rear hegos by setting the hego_config to 0 instead of 2 else you will get some stupid rich decels and a MIL

change obdii_mil_sw to 18 as well as obdii_tst_sw to 18

that will disable the catalyst and emissions lookup for the obd2 monitor

x2

DO NOT DISABLE THE FRONT HEGO HEATERS!!!
in fact i typically increase them to NO LESS than 50% duty cycle in the time function

don't forget to disable the rear hegos by setting the hego_config to 0 instead of 2 else you will get some stupid rich decels and a MIL

change obdii_mil_sw to 18 as well as obdii_tst_sw to 18

that will disable the catalyst and emissions lookup for the obd2 monitor

I have the rear 02's deleted from long ago with success. To do that I had to set the rear heaters from 1 to 0.

I actually found a value file on prp forums to assign cyl 456 to bank 1 o2 and it did not alter bank 2 heater so I will let that ride and not cut that off.

Back