Never seen this before

Not planning on buying this but didn't know anything like this before, does anyone have any input

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=290793545774&globalID=EBAY-US

I would bet it allows you to adjust the MAF output so as to cheat the ECU into thinking it's got more (or less!) air flow than it has.

I'd take that money and put it towards a Quarterhorse and a copy of Binary Editor so you can fiddle with the MAF transfer inside the ECU directly.

Or better, buy both and buy a mail order tune from one of the good tuners here (c'mon, you can search them out!)

RwP

I've got something similar called an Optimizer but I don't use it anymore. It allows you to adjust the MAF voltage instead of changing sample tubes when you upgrade injectors. I've got 2 and I'll sell them both very reasonably if anyone's interested.

I have the QH and BE2012 so I'm good, Just had never seen a hang on box to adjust the MAF.

I've got something similar called an Optimizer but I don't use it anymore. It allows you to adjust the MAF voltage instead of changing sample tubes when you upgrade injectors. I've got 2 and I'll sell them both very reasonably if anyone's interested.

I had the same thing back around 2001 when ESM was telling everyone with a C&L that it was needed. Never did work right and I ditched it after the 1st year.

David

Mine worked pretty good but it was so sensitive that just bumping either adjustment screw and the A/F went crazy. The guy tuning it knew how to adjust it but I always felt uneasy with it.

Back