Line replacement

bowez

Car died on me on the way to work and this is what I found today when I got home
IMG_2243.jpg

Anyone know the line sizes, are these just fuel and is a compression fitting a acceptable fix? I drive 22miles round trip is it ok to drive til get some time (Thursday)?

Oddly no pic showing so...

The three line on the passengers side between the fuel filter and tank.

Last edited:
Dunno the line sizes - I had my nylon ones in my 1991 busted by a road lizard last year, so I replaced them with 1993 metal ones. Maybe try the nylon hose instead, pulled off a boneyard donor?

RwP

Is this where the line makes an S-bend to get down from on top of the tank? My line was rubbing there too ... Fortunately, I caught it before it leaked. If you can get the full lines, I would do that. I think that they are 3/8" feed and 5/16" return, but I wouldn't swear to it in court. There are nylon fuel line repair kits in most auto parts stores ... I think they do use compression fittings. I am sure they will last fine. However, if the leak is where I think it is, you may have to heat and bend the line to get it to work there. I haven't tried that, so I can't tell you how well it works.

These are crushed about 2' before the filter all three lines. To me it appears they are 5/16 (2) and 1/4 (1) (assuming 1/4" is the evap line).

Back