SEMA Las Vegas?

my cousin will be in the Addco booth this year feel free to go up to him and tell him Brad said he should buy a real truck and get rid of the ~~~ Dodge he bought LOL he's name is John. they are supposed to have a nice Charger in the booth this year

Will do Brad! I am actually hoping to buy a nice new ford truck myself pretty soon here still debating ecoboost or older 7.3 diesel.

As a diesel owner for more years than I care to remember I would go with the ecoboost.

The bottom end is built a lot like a diesel.

Thanks guys. That's what I have been leaning towards so when the time comes to buy it I'll post up pics for everyone. The reason for the 7.3 is because in CA if I go 97 or older I wouldn't have to smog it so it would be easier to modify without the worries then again our laws are always changing and with my luck they will try to start smogging the 97's soon enough.

They have 6 bolt mains with powdered metal caps. Easy to make over 400hp with them with an intake, exhaust, and tune plus still get 20+mpg. I've had mine for a few months now and don't regret it.

Towed the SC to Kentucky for the shootout, ~600 miles. I had it in tow/haul mode and locked out 6 gear with the select shift, and got 14mpg. It has plenty of power and never downshifted more then one gear when going up some of the larger hills (420 ft lbs. of torque at 2000 rpms), and the engine braking in tow mode is quite unigue. I have an XLT super crew with tow package and was towing ~6500 lbs. I had the bed full of tools and tires and rode just fine without any abnormal sway or push. Adding air in the rear tires definately helped the sway.

Exactly.. Ryan have you towed your bird with it? Did it push the truck all over the road? How is the power towing in stock form because I want to keep my warranty if I am buying new?

I rode in his truck while it towed his SC on the interstate. His truck was bored to tears towing so little weight. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys this is exactly what I wanted to know, but assumed was true. Back to SEMA, I got my flight changed so now I will be there Wednesday night! :)

Back