Anyone interested in a 85 Turbo coupe?

XR7 Dave

Local guy (original owner) is looking to sell an all original 85 Turbo Coupe, 5spd with 72K miles on it. Wondering what one would be worth in extremely clean condition?

There is two Turbo coupe's in my area for sell. One is a 87 auto with 47k the guy is asking 6000 for and the other is a 88 5-speed with under 60k he is also asking 6000. I don't know if that helps any.

Most around here are going for 5-7K with 5spd and lower miles pre 87. 87-88are going for around 9-12k, but they have to really clean.

He should be able to get 7 pretty easily and if holds out around 9 wouldnt be out of the park.

WOW 9-12k I should buy the 2 up here and take them where you are and sell them. The 2 up here a super clean. One is a one owner can and the other is a 2 owner car.

WOW 9-12k I should buy the 2 up here and take them where you are and sell them. The 2 up here a super clean. One is a one owner can and the other is a 2 owner car.

Send me the info on an 87-88 5spd with less than 75k on it, no rust, original black paint with perfect red strip and in need of nothing with original paperwork. Pics are extremely important I will get it sold for you.

Well I have A guy DOWN HERE IN FLORIDA who has a 1985 T-BIRD TURBO COUPE WITH 76,550 ALL ORIGINAL VERY CLEAN WITH ORIGINAL ENGINE AND 5SPEED REBUILT AND MANY NEW PARTS AND HE ONLY WANTS $1,000.00 AND ITS VERY VERY NICE AND A BUDDY UP IN NY WITH MINT TRIPLE 88 TURBO COUPE FOR $3600.00 AND HE IS THE ORIGINAL OWNER AND THAT CAR HAS BEEN GARAGED KEPT AND NO WINTERS ,ALSO HAS FACTORY MOONROOF OPTION AND IS A STICK . YOU PEOPLE SHOULD LAND FROM WHATEVER MOUNTAIN YOU'ALL ARE ON . 8-TO 12 grand YOU MUST BE SMOKING ALOT OF CRACK .

Well I have A guy DOWN HERE IN FLORIDA who has a 1985 T-BIRD TURBO COUPE WITH 76,550 ALL ORIGINAL VERY CLEAN WITH ORIGINAL ENGINE AND 5SPEED REBUILT AND MANY NEW PARTS AND HE ONLY WANTS $1,000.00 AND ITS VERY VERY NICE AND A BUDDY UP IN NY WITH MINT TRIPLE 88 TURBO COUPE FOR $3600.00 AND HE IS THE ORIGINAL OWNER AND THAT CAR HAS BEEN GARAGED KEPT AND NO WINTERS ,ALSO HAS FACTORY MOONROOF OPTION AND IS A STICK . YOU PEOPLE SHOULD LAND FROM WHATEVER MOUNTAIN YOU'ALL ARE ON . 8-TO 12 grand YOU MUST BE SMOKING ALOT OF CRACK .

Thanks guys, but if you read the title of this post I was asking if anyone here is interested in one of these cars and what would be a reasonable asking price. Please take the bickering to another post of your own creation.

Thanks!

I would like it for a dd but I haz no money lol. Out of curiosity though, what is ball park?

The pre 87 cars just dont have the same market value as the later ones. I would say 3,500 on the high side if he ever wants to move it. Loweer if he wants a sale quicker

Sold my '85 TC this spring!

Local guy (original owner) is looking to sell an all original 85 Turbo Coupe, 5spd with 72K miles on it. Wondering what one would be worth in extremely clean condition?

Dave,
I just sold my '85 T.C. 5-spd. this Spring for $6,250.
It was a 1-owner when I bought it last year, and
only had 41,000 miles on it.
It was in MINT condition and was 100% original except
for the exhaust system I had replaced from the engine
back with stainless.
The value on these T.C.'s is going nowhere but up for the
un-molested low mileage original's!! :)
Jeff

Dave,
I just sold my '85 T.C. 5-spd. this Spring for $6,250.
It was a 1-owner when I bought it last year, and
only had 41,000 miles on it.
It was in MINT condition and was 100% original except
for the exhaust system I had replaced from the engine
back with stainless.
The value on these T.C.'s is going nowhere but up for the
un-molested low mileage original's!! :)
Jeff

X2 on this Dave, that is around the price for very very nice original cars.

Here are a few pictures of the car. He's asking $5900 OBO.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 142
As you can see from the photos there is absolutely no rust on the body. Some of the engine bay components have rust due to the northern climate, but the car has never been driven in winter and has been garage kept it's entire life. Paint is amazing for being original. Has a few random dents in odd areas, probably from something falling on it in the garage, but no scratches that I noticed. The silver color makes it hard to even see the ones that are there.

Wheels are oxidized. Tires are Goodyear Gatorbacks with about 60-70% tread still remaining. lol Probably near 20yrs old.

Here's a shot of the interior.

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 159
Back