need part# for heater hose

mkbrower

I'm in need of a part number for the drivers side heater hose. The gates part number for the drivers side hose is no longer valid. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark

Any reason you can't use regular 3/4" bulk heater hose?

Presuming it's for one of your two 95 SCs, that is. Since you didn't say which of the five TBirds it was for.

RwP

I probably could, but I'm restoring one of my 95 SC and want something formed like the original even if its not original.

Mark

I probably could, but I'm restoring one of my 95 SC and want something formed like the original even if its not original.

Mark

Cheat.

Take 1/2" thin wall copper, bend it to suit for inside, and ease it into the plain rubber hose *grins*

Actually, I dunno - RockAuto doesn't list it at all.

If you go to FordPartsGiant.COM and pull up the image (link: http://www.worldpartsinfo.com/Ford/...e+installation+-+6+cyl.+3.8L+-+S/C,+1990/1995 ) , there's the core #s. With that, you can look up the Ford #s.

That way I won't tell you the WRONG heater hose for what you're looking for.

RwP

Thanks, I like that drawing. I think I'm going to be out of luck. There's a few places that show it but I need to call and verify they have it. Thanks for your help!

Mark

Yah, even if you can't get the full # from them, at least you have most of it - so all that's left is the year to get the right part (a F3##-#####-### type number).

Plus, it's helpful to know what part you're talking about.

RwP

Thanks for the link!

I too am looking for the hose that i think is part# 18472?
It branches off the main heater hose on driver side behind
the head...

I ripped a hole in it as i lifted the motor up doing
the mounts.

Tom

The original part# is F3SZ-18472 or 13472. That number is a little worn but I think its an 8. I found a hose on ebay made for a Mazda that is real similar to the hose I have except its 5/8 and I think ours is 3/4. I bought it to see if it would work. Here is the link to the one on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160875631415?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The hose may not work at all, the only thing I have to go by is the picture. I ll let everyone know when it gets here.

Mark

Back