4r70w trans standalone controller

Hey David I am planning on doing the 4R70W swap and was wondering if the stand alone is easier then going to the newer computer/harness with my quarter horse. Currently Have a 90' Anni car with the AOD and want to have Alan build me a 4R70W when I get the funds. If the controller is the better option I might want to pick this up but might have to wait a month or two since I just got my new rotor pack and heading to SEMA so funds are tight.

To switch from AOD to 4R70 a full dash and harness to the engine bay must be swapped along with 94/95 computer if you don't go with a unit like this.

Hey David I am planning on doing the 4R70W swap and was wondering if the stand alone is easier then going to the newer computer/harness with my quarter horse. Currently Have a 90' Anni car with the AOD and want to have Alan build me a 4R70W when I get the funds. If the controller is the better option I might want to pick this up but might have to wait a month or two since I just got my new rotor pack and heading to SEMA so funds are tight.

From what I've read and been told, using the standalone controller would be much easier. When my AOD bites the dust, that's what I'm planning to do.

David

To switch from AOD to 4R70 a full dash and harness to the engine bay must be swapped along with 94/95 computer if you don't go with a unit like this.

bullshat, its really simple and no HARNESSES NEED TO BE SWAPPED

i wrote a detailed write up for doing the swap after i did mine in my 91 and it didn't require any extra effort than what a transmission controller would require

the ecu can do a much better job than an external controller can and to top that with the ecu doing it you have more control

swapping strategies is not a big deal anyone with any basic knowledge of how the ecu functions can copy the tune over without issue

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117751

bullshat, its really simple and no HARNESSES NEED TO BE SWAPPED

i wrote a detailed write up for doing the swap after i did mine in my 91 and it didn't require any extra effort than what a transmission controller would require

the ecu can do a much better job than an external controller can and to top that with the ecu doing it you have more control

swapping strategies is not a big deal anyone with any basic knowledge of how the ecu functions can copy the tune over without issue

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117751

Thanks and apparently I was already subscribed to your thread and forgot about it DOH! Is there an advantage of using the standalone then or is it just better to do the repin with the quarterhorse?

Back