quarterhouse help!!!!

bye-bye-birdy

hey guys i just got the program for binary editor and i am missing a file so i can tune, i was told i need to talk to dave(cant remember last name) but i think i need the definition file or i think stratrgy file bc i downloaded everthing from the eec, website. i have a 91 sc and i need to tune it its running way to much fuel. any help would be great. if anyone has the file i will buy it or watever lol

There are only two poeple currently that provide good strategy files for the SC cars. XR7 Dave and Sailorbob. XR7 Dave tunes SC's with his strategy files a number of times and both knows what he is doing and is able to support people like you trying to do it themselves. He can make sure you have exactly what you need.

thanks i talked to dave but i got to figure out where my eec is so i can get him the code.??? i wish i lived closer to dave i would have him tune my car but i got a friend at a tune shop teaching me, this stuff is hard but i am sure i will get it.

thanks i talked to dave but i got to figure out where my eec is so i can get him the code.???

EEC is in the kick panel on the passenger side. You can see it if you drop the glove box all the way down. But you'll have to pull the kick panel off to get at the connector where the catch code is written.

Unless your buddy is familiar with the strategies used in the EEC, it is unlikely that you will get the help you need. These cars are not early v8 mustangs, nor anything like a late model car. they don't have high swirl combustion chambers, and they use positive displacement blowers. Not turbos, not votech or paxton blowers.

I'm not saying another tuner couldn't figure it out. It is just that historically general tuners seem to have this attitude that they can tune anything and make no effort to learn anything new. This attitude of knowing everything gets in their way of tuning something that doesn't work the way they are used to, or expect.

thanks guys and mike i didnt drop the glove box i feel slow i got under the dash and looked at all the wires and looked up there was the eec. had one of those oh there it is moments i send dave the code so i can start tuning.. and i am a paid member i posted this before i got my membership. but thanks guys

Back