Mods?

94-5speed16

Well once Christmas comes around i'm goin to be looking for mods to purchase with the money i get. What mods should i do to get the most bang for my buck? I know exhaust is the first thing most people say to do, but it can get pretty costly with these cars. I either would like to run no cats with high flow mufflers and resonator or cats with no mufflers. Which would be the wiser decision, or what other options do i have to consider? Also should i go with the 10% or 5% supercharger pulley upgrade? With the supercharger pulley upgrade do i have to get a new supercharger belt? I also heard that by removing the air silencer you can free up some HP, how do i remove it?

Also, today when i went to put my car into reverse it clunked when it went into gear, what could this be an indication of? It has a new clutch so i don't think that'd be it. Is this something that i should worry about?

thanks
dan

I have a 94 5 speed too. To remove the air silencer jack up the car on the passenger side and take off the tire. Then take off the screws alone the fender well then a push in type screw right next to the shock you will need some needle nose pliars to take out that screw. then under the front bumper cover on the passenger side, unscrew those screws so you can pull the black plastic cover back. Then open you air box and take out the filteryou will see some screws on the bottom of the box unscrew those and the air silencer should fell off. Sorry its so long there may be other ways that are not so long but that is how i did it. I when with true duals 2 1/4 pipes with no res or cats. I do get a import sound above 3000 rpms but i live with it for now. I also went with a 10% pulley on the SC but i also did other mods and my boost is about 13 psi. Hope this helps

curse,
Did you have your exhaust specially made or did you buy all the pieces from a company? If you bought them then where did you get the system? What do you mean that you get a import sound above 3000 rpm? I would like to get an exhaust with no cats, maybe a resonator if it makes it sound better, and two flowmaster mufflers with true duels like you say you have. If i put a 800 cfm intercooler fan on, and the exhaust above with a 10% supercharger pulley on would it reduce the likelyhood of blowing a head gasket? Thanks for your help

dan

I had my custom made by an exhaust guy down here did a great job. What I mean by import sound is just that, since I have no res or cats the common V6 sound comes out. If you dont run cats or a res it going to happen no matter what muffler you use. At low rpms it sound mean like a stock 4.6 but at 3000+ it sounds like those hondas with a huge exhaust tip. I have had no trouble with head gaskets with my 10 pulley, but I did change from stock to Fel-Pro head gaskets. The stock head gaskets looked fine but had the heads off might as well.

Back