PDA

View Full Version : Cecil Track Rental

BLOWN38
11-13-2012, 11:10 AM
A few of the Mid-Atlantic guys made it out to the rental.

My dad and I got there at 9am right when they started running down the track. Gates opened at 8. We were sitting at the gate to pay and it started to drizzle. So we ended up not missing much.:) That took 2 hours away from run time. But it cleared up and we were having fun.

I took the Marauder to check it out cause we had a scare down at SSHS in Atlanta. On the first pass it blew the dipstick out and sprayed oil. Checked it all out and everything seemed fine. So I thought maybe PCV system wasn't flowing enough. So I pulled the one hose off and stuck it in a pepsi bottle and vented the bottle. Pulled some timing just in case and turned the meth injection on. Had no problems the rest of the day... sheeew! Was running 11.4's down there after the scare. Anyway on to Cecil.

Put the regular tune with the normal timing and made a pass. Went 10.85 at 125. Was happy with that. Looked at the log and adjusted the 1-2 shift and made another pass of 10.80 at 125. Decided to add some timing, 1 degree:eek:, and made another pass of 10.80 at 125. Most others were slowing down at this point in the day. Made one more pass and went 10.85 due to a slower 60'. I let some more air out of the tires before that pass.

And here is all the runs I have on video from that day. Would have been cool to have Kevin and Brian down on Saturday.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/96uRMhD2j6w?list=UUEb27qP_zSCU7lNoi4YQkSQ&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SCrazy
11-13-2012, 03:17 PM
We definately need to work on coordinating this stuff. this was my first time there..the drive was about 4.5 hours but is was a fun day. Definately not too far to deter me from doing it again.

BLOWN38
11-13-2012, 03:31 PM
They have a spring and fall rental. I'll try to let you know when it comes up again. Its 55 bucks thru paypal for 9-4 rental and its capped at 200 cars.

1MTNCAT
11-13-2012, 09:39 PM
They have a spring and fall rental. I'll try to let you know when it comes up again. Its 55 bucks thru paypal for 9-4 rental and its capped at 200 cars.

And sometimes less. I've seen it limited to 125 at times.

David Neibert
11-14-2012, 01:42 AM
Impressive runs ! Mike's car just keeps getting quicker and quicker.

David