Aftermarket supercharger

Firm-ryd337

Hi I was wondering if anyone has successfully made a kenne bell supercharger mount on the sc engine? And if so how much would that set up run me. I was also looking into a Whipple and was wondering how much that would run me money wise? Thanks, Kyle.

Hi I was wondering if anyone has successfully made a kenne bell supercharger mount on the sc engine? And if so how much would that set up run me. I was also looking into a Whipple and was wondering how much that would run me money wise? Thanks, Kyle.

Damon in NY has a Kenne bell setup for a 3.8 but I dont know what his plans for it were. I just sold my Whipple setup for a 3.8. There are at least 3 Whipple setup out there that are custom built to fit a V6. Dave Dalke is assembling one for a club member. Look to spend around 4500 for a 2.3 Whipple kit

Ken

Alright thanks for the info on the Whipple. I will contact Dave. Now is there a water to air cooler setup out there that can work? I am really interested in getting the most out of this Whipple and would want it air to water if possible.

Alright thanks for the info on the Whipple. I will contact Dave. Now is there a water to air cooler setup out there that can work? I am really interested in getting the most out of this Whipple and would want it air to water if possible.

It has made close to500 rwhp on D Neibert with an air to air IC. Most water to air ICs are once again custom fabricated by individuals

Ken

Did someone say Kenne Bell(AR)?

I'll leave this here.
Photo0062.jpg

Just asking how do u get a kenne bell sc for a sc?? And would it be better than the stock?

You cant buy just a blower from Kenne Bell. They will sell a kit if there is one for a particular car but not just a blower. They do not make a kit for the SC. You can buy a used blower, if you can find one, on E bay but you still have to fabricate all the mounting stuff, by pass, plenums to make it work. Dave Dalke has built many twin screw blower setups from ARs to Whipples and he would be the guy to ask. You would see an enormous increase in power over stock M90. Twin Screw is far better blower performance wise and size wise over a roots style blower. A TVS supercharger is also in the works in the club. Lots of options for a better blower. Few options to get one install one on a SC.

Ken

I wouldn't count out the revised version of the MPX.

I think the MPX with coated roters will be a step up from uncoated rotors. It wont compete with a twin screw overall. To get to the same lever of performance of a twin screw you have to spin the M90 ungodly fast which still generates a ton of heat that has to be delt with and still puts a lot of stress on bearings even upgraded ones. Twin screw will do all day at a moderate level what a screaming M90 will do. Might be fine if your racing it like Kevin and running a mammoth air to water IC but its just not the best option in the long haul on the street. Just my 2 cents, I know some dont agree with that:D

Ken

Here is what my 2.3 Whipple looks like. The kit was made by Dave Dalke.

garage_attachment.php

David

It is not a matter of money either, it is a matter of time. How long are you willing to wait for a custom unit? months? years? Each unit is hand made you see above.

Now is there a water to air cooler setup out there that can work? I am really interested in getting the most out of this Whipple and would want it air to water if possible.

There isn't an out of the box water to air cooler setup, but it is not overly difficult to have fabricated. Just lots of parts. Intercooler, heat exchanger, fans, plumbing, wiring, coolant tank, pump, valves. I think all in, just the air/liquid intercooler I spent about $2000 and I got a good deal on the spearco intercooler saving about $400.

you can see all the parts for the air/liquid intercooler i built in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFdazsuKlr8

All that said, a big air/air intercooler (which will fit on this car) can be nearly as good and sometimes even better if you consider the savings in complexity.

you guys are showoffs someday there will be a kenne bell someday

There isn't enough of a market for Kenne Bell or any of the other twin screw supercharger manufacturers to make an SC specific kit. Even if you lumped in the v6 mustang, there still wouldn't be enough demand. Who really needs Kenne Bell anyway if you have Whipple willing to sell superchargers individually ?

David

Back