What was in the speaker tray?

mopar70

Wondering what was factory in the rear speaker tray. My 1995 is empty back there. Not sure if there was a single subwoofer and a single speaker? Or just 2 speaker2?

My tray has 2 empty 10 inch holes.
Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:
No sub woofer in 95. If you are refering to the black tray in the trunk, if you have the premium stereo you would find the amp there. The ARC computer is there also and I think something else but it escapes me at the moment. Maybe someone else will chime in. I have never seen a tbird with speakers located there but Ive never had a car with the JBL system though.

Mark

Last edited:
I am refering to the package tray in the trunk area, right beneath the rear glass. Yes, the factory amp was removed. I now have an aftermarket amp on the trunk floor. The ARC is back there as well. Then there are the 2 holes. Maybe someone mounted aftermarket subwoofers there. I can't tell if the holes are factory or not.
Thanks,
Scott

I'll have to look at mine but I believe I have the cut outs as well and they are factory. Not sure why Ford put them there unless they were planning to put speakers there and scrapped the idea for what ever reason. Ive had about 10thunderbirds through the years and none had speakers there. The JBL system I believe had a subwoofer but not sure where it was mounted and it could have had the speakers there too.

For your 95, the JBL system was not an option. The best system you could get in 95 was Ford's premium sound system. This sytem did not use a subwoofer so your car never had one from factory nor did it have speakers there unless they were placed there after the car left the factory.

Mark

the JBL subwoofer and amps are mounted there if the car is equipped with it. My 94 SC had the JBL system.
I miss my 94 :( It had every single option.

Okay,thanks guys. The aftermarket amp that is in there now is a 6 channel. I'm only using 4 of the channels to the speakers, so I think I'll mount a subwoofer into the center hole and see how it sounds.
Scott

Wondering what was factory in the rear speaker tray. My 1995 is empty back there. Not sure if there was a single subwoofer and a single speaker? Or just 2 car dvd players speaker2?

My tray has 2 empty 10 inch holes.
Thanks,
Scott

If you have space just add according to your needs. I have added two speakers.

Last edited:
Back