How to get my power goals.

mustangmike!

Hey Supercoupe expertz.
Been heavily researching the swap for my 04 stang. Have another new edge guy getting it done as we speak, we've been working together. Using his results to guide me.

So I want to ask about power levels, goals, etc etc.

Been searching some here and there on this.

Right now w/ nitrous im pusing about 320/350 to the wheels.

I would like that at minimum from the SC motor. Maybe even 350/400 would be awesome.

Now i also would like to add anywhere from 50-100 shot of nitrous sooner or later.

So I for sure will have ported heads and a custom cam. And valve train for it all. Ported/aftermarket intakes/blower etc etc.
Is a DD car, will keep things like AC. Will want a front mount IC.

Anyways. What kind of power limits do the stock motors handle ?
And what would be some of the best ways to get the
320/350 minimum goal, and the 350/400 goal ??

if you do more searching you will find your answer to all of these things, but basically you want to get in touch with Dave Dalke

He can pretty much supply everything for your needs

I just dyno'd on a dyno jet 342/403 to wheels with only 91 octane gas so check out my mods list

the stock bottom end isnt too bad but usually when people start boosting up things begin to happen...are you running the stock bottom end with nitrous?

u def dont want to run the stock pistons with high boost and n2o not wise at al, im not saying it cant be done im just saying it doesnt give you much room for error

in a nutshell

ported heads
94-95 blower should port it too
15% od
25% ud
2.5" full exhaust
cam
SPRINGS- henry gave us a mechanical rev limiter
1.86/1.55 valves
mp inlet plenum
80# injectors
good ic or water/meth inj

320rwhp can be done with a stock bottom end, ported stock valve heads with stock rockers stock 94 blower with a home S port, MP inlet 42lb (probably go 60 they are cheap enough)injectors 85mm tb 3.5 intake 90mm Lightning MAF typical .520 lift cam and a decent IC...No Meth, no large injectors and relatively cost effective. The 350 rwhp range plus increases costs substantially

Ive done this typical combo several times with sim results

yeah it seems like 300-330 rwhp isn't hard to get. But the 350+ takes quite a bit more.
So I think that range would be better then add nitrous for what more I want.

Finding an engine somewhere within a decent driving distance seems to be the issue. Id love to find a 94-95. but idk how much that is going to matter once modded.

Kinda planning on building this engine before hand. Gonna need some major tunning though to make it work I believe....

So im not really sure what the best plan for this is going to be... the moostang is my DD. So less downtime is always nice. But im thinking the engine might need to go in fairly stock and get tunned to work. Then pull back out and mod it.

Gonna consist of alot to do that though ... so carefull planning will be needed.

But IF/when I do this swap. And put the final motor in. Im gonna do quite a bit to it im sure.
Kinda thinking Ill tear it down. Get it cleaned and replace bearins if needed. Forged internals. Depending on price may bump up to 9:1 compression. Will need to research that though.

Ported heads. Possibly bigger valves.

Already have Long tubes to an O/R exhaust.

I have a decent cam now. But would probably get something better for the setup.

Definately look at the options of aftermarket and/or ported intakes/blower. And will run an aftermarkter IC setup.

Will consider meth, but already have a complete nitrous set up im running now. And I do mean complete lol

Will probably have the block and parts painted as well. Want it to be nice as all get out !

meth and nitrous are 2 different animals, best bet is to run both

its stupid to have to yank the engine twice, just do it once and tune it simple enough

its pointless to go any less than 9:1 cr i prefer 9.5:1 my self

good luck with her, if u were closer i have a few spare sc blocks im willing to part with for a steal of a price

meth and nitrous are 2 different animals, best bet is to run both

its stupid to have to yank the engine twice, just do it once and tune it simple enough

its pointless to go any less than 9:1 cr i prefer 9.5:1 my self

good luck with her, if u were closer i have a few spare sc blocks im willing to part with for a steal of a price

I don't agree that it's pointless to go less than 9:1.

I had my last motor built with 8.5:1 compression to make max power from pump gas. I believe that you can make more power on an SC motor with lower compression and higher boost, than higher compression with less boost when using pump gas.

If your running on race fuel then going to higher compression will always make more power.

David

well I want this entirely streetable on 93 octane.

And the idea maybe getting further away. Getting half ~~~ serious about looking into buying a house lol.

Hopefully still have lots of room to play though !!!

Back