Need advice quickly! thanks

90turbo1

So I recently removed my rear hubs to be sent out and redrilled. and swaped my front to 5x4.5 bolt pattern and think I have a buyer for my stock wheels and tires (wont bolt up anyway)

but.... the rims i purchased stick out too far. I have a set of 17x9 2003 cobra wheels. Not cobra R wheels.. they say 17x9x26 on the rear of one of the spokes.

Crap now I am between a rock and a hard place but they stick out past the fenders. What off set should I be looking at. I do want a 17x9 rim though.. because of the tires I have.

help???

thanks

well now I am more confused.

Is there anyone that is running 2003 cobra rims on there bird? I am gathering that 26 offset is too shallow. I need a 38 to 40 offset? ricardo has a 17x10 with 42 offset in one of his posts but I want a 17x9 on 4 corners...

what do I do?

Here Jim's car. He had some of the flange machined off.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=100815&highlight=wheels

So they are machinging the mounting surface of the rear of the rim? does this affect the rims integrity at all?

I might just throw in the hat and get a set of wheels form the custom wheel shop for the thunderbird bolt pattern and mess with changing the brake rotors instead of messing with mustang offsets.

I just need to know what is the ideal offset for 17x9 or back spacing to get the rim out close to edge of fender (without going past fender, as I am lowered car) and fit the car with mustang bolt pattern.

is rolling the fenders out of the queston? very cheap to rent a fender roller and pretty easy too....

i was probably going to have to do that anyway, but the rims stick out a good inch past the fenders. so they would have to be pulled out to make them under the fenders. Which I have thought of also but the car was just painted a year ago so dont wana go mess up body much more.

Something sounds funny. Are the wheels sticking out on the front or rear of car. I used to have cobra r's and the front was a little outside the fender but not an inch. The rears where fine with a roll of the fender.

Do you have the early or late model spindles for the front? Not sure if that makes a difference for offsets.

Something sounds funny. Are the wheels sticking out on the front or rear of car. I used to have cobra r's and the front was a little outside the fender but not an inch. The rears where fine with a roll of the fender.

Do you have the early or late model spindles for the front? Not sure if that makes a difference for offsets.

I have 18x9 Black Saleens with +24mm offset (94-04 Mustang offset) in the 4.5" bolt pattern. The fronts stick out about 1/2" but the rears are fine, I did roll my back fenderlips to prevent rubbing on hard bumps though. I run 265/40/18's in the front and 275/40/18's in the rear. I think my set up looks just fine, look in my garage link at the bottom of my sig if you see them.

thats why I am so confused, i see soem people running them and mine stuck out on rear i didnt even try the front due to the fact the two rims and tires I have mounted up are 275-40-17 so those are the rears. the tires arent bulged out or anything so wasnt seeing that .

I will roll the fenders, and then go from there. does anyone know if the fenders can be slightly pulled out while rolling them.

thanks again

the thought I had was... are cobra rear hubs different in anyway to the thunderbird hubs that have been drilled? it seems that most that run the 2003 cobra rims are using cobra rear hubs. could the hub be set inward a bit more than the thunderbird hubs?

I have 17 x 8(i guess) wheels off a 2001 mustang gt on my 96 cougar.
No stick out.
I had these rims redrilled to the 4.25 bolt pattern.

I have 17 x 8(i guess) wheels off a 2001 mustang gt on my 96 cougar.
No stick out.
I had these rims redrilled to the 4.25 bolt pattern.

How do you redrill a rim unless you are working with some smooth face wheel.

do you have a picture of the rims?

you are also running 17x8 not 17x9.

thats why I am so confused, i see soem people running them and mine stuck out on rear i didnt even try the front due to the fact the two rims and tires I have mounted up are 275-40-17 so those are the rears. the tires arent bulged out or anything so wasnt seeing that .

I will roll the fenders, and then go from there. does anyone know if the fenders can be slightly pulled out while rolling them.

thanks again

the thought I had was... are cobra rear hubs different in anyway to the thunderbird hubs that have been drilled? it seems that most that run the 2003 cobra rims are using cobra rear hubs. could the hub be set inward a bit more than the thunderbird hubs?

It would really help if you posted a picture of how the rear wheel/tire looks when mounted (car sitting on the ground).

David

Back