anu guesses 93sc vs 98 32v mark8

slipknot1212121

my freind thinks he is gona get a 98 mark 8 with the intech v8 ,
i got a 93 sc auto with 9 inch k&n cone and intercooler fan ,any guesses? i told him i would race for pink slips ,then sell that p.o.s.

well..

From what I know....the 93-96 were supposed to be faster than the 97-98 or something like that. Why? I don't know thats just what a mark VIII owner told me. Now i raced one with the mods I have below and well I raped the hell out of one..Figure I probably ran a 15.2 or 15.3. So he couldn't have ran better than a 15.8 or so. The guy also lined up my friend with a V8 t-bird (1997) and the t-bird won up until about 75. So who knows. I also heard there supposed to run between 14.8-15.2 stock. BUt I think thats just strong hopes of the Mark VIII owners. Don't get me wrong I love the cars but....From personal experience AND from track times I see at Milan dragway...I have never seen one bust a 15.6. You will rape him off the line. They make there power after 3000 rpm. If you have a good 15.4-15.5 run you should be set. But you won't be ahead by much, if any. So don't get to cocky. And you better know how to launch your car!!!

First, how can you possibly call a '98 Mark VIII a p.o.s. Second, get ready to lose becuase more than likely that is what is going to happen.

Thomas

i own a mark 8 LSC, if he has an LSC, prepare to have your A$$ handed to you on a silver platter. My LSC kicks out 310 HP with 3 minor mods. the car came with 290 stock with true dual exhaust. thats whats so special about the LSC`s. The secret is to turn off the traction control. just be sure to pray he doesn`t know that. also, the mark 8 is a bit lighter than a T-bird

its not that i am just for the mark 8, but i own both, a mark 8 and a 1990 sc. if i was gonna race someone seriously, i would use the mark 8.

good luck
aaron

You should be able to take him. Try not to be to aggressive and spin to hard. I can spank mark 8s all day but they can be made to go fast and my friends mark 8 only ran a 14.9 with full exaust and intake work and weight reduction. So like said before dont get cocky but your bird should be able to beat him with out too much trouble. With your mods yeah hope u removed the intake silencer to take affect of the open air filter.

sorry, a 98 Mark VIII will be faster than your 93 AOD. They run low 15's to high 14's stock all day long, and your car probably won't.

And compared to an AOD SC, a mark is hardly a POS :)

hmm...q

Just my opinion but I think you can beat the Mark VIII. Not trying to start an argument but I have raced a few and have beat 2. Lost to one but i think he had gears. Let us know what happens. Not to mention its going to depend on vehicle condition. My friends stock 91 ran a 15.3 with old wires and plugs. I think this could be a driver outcome. I only derive my answer from seeing marks run high 15's all day long on a COLD night at the track. Maybe they just weren't upkept that good. Who knows.

If someone wants to post bashing on scs go to a chevy page or a lincoln page we are all on the same team and i know my 93 aod stock was able to beat mark 8 s at the track (stock to stock) When i first got it. So dont bash scs especially automatic ones with built transmissions.

If someone wants to post bashing on scs go to a chevy page or a lincoln page we are all on the same team and i know my 93 aod stock was able to beat mark 8 s at the track (stock to stock) When i first got it. So dont bash scs especially automatic ones with built transmissions.

to magna:
I for one am not bashing SC's, and you can't say I am biased... I have been around SCCoA way longer than you. I also own both my 94SC and 93 Mark VIII, and guess what... I've dyno tuned them both. Which made more HP??? the Mark VIII. the 93 Mark made 221RWHP with a tune, versus 207RWHP on my 94SC with a tune. The mark VIII is also about 150lbs lighter, and just makes more power. My 93 Mark viii ran a 14.91 @ 96mph stock with a full tank of gas, spare tire, old paper filter, and the wrong heat range plugs. How many 93SC AOD's run 14's stock?

If you have seen some slow mark viii's that is believable. Any model has some slow cars and some factory freaks, but it's really about how they are maintained. But if you want a stock for stock comparison, in general the Mark VIII's ARE faster. go to www.markviii.org and find out how many Mark VIII's are running 14's bone stock. Then search here, and find out how many 89-93SC's are running 14's bone stock.

That being said, my SC is still more fun to drive, and my daily driver.

32V Intech V8 - Isn't that basically a milder version of the Cobra engine? Not to be pessimist, but I personally wouldn't race one unless I had more mods than the ones you listed (even if the Mark VIII is bone stock), especially for pink slips. If you are not sure you can beat him, you shouldn't be racing for pink slips. But, hey, it's your car. Hope you kick some a$$.

i am not tryin to argue but speakin from my own experiences i have not lost to a mark 8, i ran 15.3 bone stock with added weight and bald tires so if u ran a 14.9 it would have been a good race on the street. I have a good feeling toward mark8s but just from experience, im sayin that i had no problems. I have loved super coupe s my whole life even though i am only 18 i am glad to see so many opinions on my most favorite car ever made.

Who's the boss

I have a Mark VIII (I was the green one at the Nationals in OKC) and agree with the car being faster without the traction control. Sorry I didn't have run it on the track in OKC, but maybe next time. Mark is limping with a leaking air front air bag (spirng) right now but I plan to remedy it tomarrow. It would be a good race. THe SC seams to have more pep on the line but after 65 in a full throtled run, my Mark starts pulling hard, all the way to 130 where I become chicken and back out. Its bone stock except for a K & N. THe both seam slow off the line compared to my Newest car. Its a 93 Mustang Cobra that, MAC headers and off road h-pipe, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3.73 gears. It quick off the line and available for purchase for the low low price of 18,500. I would like to race a SC Thunderchicken with it someday maybe. Oh did I mention that It has a vortec supercharger. No intercooler on it yet, but its coming someday, if I keep it long enough. Anyways, I don't hear anyone asking me to race for pinks in it. But the Mark, It would be a much more interesting race, especially in a half mile. It might also depend on how the cars are driven everyday since the computers make changes for economy/performance according to driving style and demand of the driver. I often wonder about how driving style before such an encounter would affect the performance. Anyways, that neither here nor there and I think its a close race anyway you look at it.

damn didnt mean to catch all this heat,the pos statement ,i wanted one of those cars before my sc ,there a expensive tbird,but i got the sc and im happier,my freind is prolly not gona get that car but IF he does he is talkin down on the sc ,and we all know we cant have that ,it was a freind to freind arguement and i came hear for answers cause someone always knows, i raced one before and no one really won ,we were both next to each other SO if i put some stuff into my car i SHOULD win but who knows? thanx for the replies

98 LSC

A few months ago, I almost bought the prettiest all black LSC. I don't know these cars but was REAL impressed with the car. But there is not doubt it is NOT even close to my 90 SC in performance.

Vic
1990 SC, 5sp, raised top, 10% pulley, cold in in, cat free flowmasters out.

Mark VIII

My wife almost bought the prettiest 98 all black LSC with all options. (Chickened out of the $$$) Incredable car. But, no doubt about it, it is NOT close to my SC in performance.
Does anyone know if there is a Mark VII list? I did find an interesting page at http://tnmotorsports.com/lsc.htm
Note the NOS and 5sp.

Back