Alternator Pully

1qwik99

Anyone know the dimensions of the alternator pulley? I have a 1995 SC AT and have a Motorcraft re-manufatured alternator but it came W/O the pulley. I know the factory part number is GPE702 which is discontinued. Is there a replacement 8-groove that will work?

You could always grab one off of a donor at the boneyard. Could you take it back to where you got it? It should've came with the pulley attached.

Alternator

Long story short...Mine went out so I got a "replacement" Chinese Alternator. I had to turn mine in as a core which came with a pulley already on it. Then the "replacement" went out after 2 weeks. I then bought a Motorcraft Re-manufactured alternator from Amazon.com and it came W/O a pulley. Ford says that the pulley is not in production any longer and good luck in finding one. there are no Supercoupes in the boneyard and the regular tbirds and mustangs do not cross over part numbers.

I know that this doesn't answer the part # question. But, the 1st replacement should've had a warranty. I'm assuming that you returned it for a refund?

I haven't returned it yet, but I will after I get it off the car. I should have bought the Motorcraft one to begin with then I would have my original pulley to use. But instead, I listened to someone else and got a reman chinese one instead for half the cost. I guess you get what you pay for. Although I jost got the Motorcraft one for $163.00 with no core charge. Now I just have to find a pulley that will work.

You could always take the pulley off the alternator before you return it. Although, that wouldn't be right. The folks at my local store just gave the alternator pulley to me after I asked them for it.

Back