New Cobra Jet Wheelie/Wreck!

A few of us where there that day. There was a dodge truck in front of me in staging so I didn't see it first hand. Sounds like the throttle hung or he just didn't lift. Nasty wreck, the incar is pretty wild.

Looked to me like he had the wheels turned when he landed. Lower video shows he had the wheel clocked 90* clockwise.

Ouch

Yeah the in Car video shows the driver turning the wheels while the front end is still in the air...........why??

And so as it touched down it turns hard right and then it is too late to correct.

Granted I have never had a car lift the front end that high, OK I have never had a car lift the front end at all, but.......I thought first rule of thought was to keep the wheels straight until you see where you need to correct......no??

Anyway I feel bad for the guy, it is one nasty ride, which could really use some wheelies bars.

Smitty

Yeah the in Car video shows the driver turning the wheels while the front end is still in the air...........why??

Inexperience. Same damn thing happens with folks in the winter when on ice. You don't have any steering control, so you start swinging the wheel but then you hit a dry spot and you get yanked into the shoulder which usually sucks you the rest of the way into the ditch.

Could be also that he lost the relation. Not a lot of self centering going on when the wheels are up in the air. That can make it easy to loose track of where center is. Especially when you are staring at the sky and have no idea of where your car is going.

I captured a mustang doing it right a few years ago up at Brainerd International Raceway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCR90m2gmlk

Especially when you are staring at the sky and have no idea of where your car is going.
Kinda thinking I'd have let off the throttle after about 1/2 second of not being able to see where the heck I was going.

I don't know about the rest of you, but have you ever noticed that it seems to take 10 seconds for your wipers to push the water out of the way when someone drives by and washes your whole windshield over and you can't see?

Back