head torque on 90 sc with arp studes and permatorque mls gaskets

kw90supercoupe

I am about to put the heads back on my 90 sc. The heads have been shaved and valve job. I am going to use arp head studs and felpro permatorque MLS head gaskets. I wanted to know the torque sequence and specs usinng these pars. And what kind of locktight needed.

you tq the heads the same regardless, start from the center and work your way out, in steps, i do 50, 80, then 105 im sure some folks will disagree, with the arp studs u want to use the arp lube, if u hadnt any then use oil, u want to put the studs in finger tight then give them a slight snug

dont forget to drill out the rivots where they interfere with the deck

i use copper rtv spray some dont i recommend it

you tq the heads the same regardless, start from the center and work your way out, in steps, i do 50, 80, then 105 im sure some folks will disagree, with the arp studs u want to use the arp lube, if u hadnt any then use oil, u want to put the studs in finger tight then give them a slight snug

dont forget to drill out the rivots where they interfere with the deck

i use copper rtv spray some dont i recommend it

105 ft/lbs is a boat load of torque for our small 11mm studs or bolts. :eek:

The instructions that come with the arp head studs says to torque the heads down in three equal sequences to 80ftlbs. The order you are suppose to tighten them down can be found in a haynes repair manual for thunderbirds.

NO copper spray on MLS, if you use any only spray the block side if the block has not been decked before. Torque 30-60-90 is pretty common practice, using the tightening sequence (not torques) in the repair manuals

Back