supercharger selent

This is good stuff!!

Seals great I use this all the time!
Anaerobic
Tom

Last edited:
sealant

Permatex "the right stuff" works awesome. Slightly harder to clean off the next time u take it apart, but not bad and means it works. After trying everything, 2 different thermostat housings, gaskets and every sealant a friend recommended the right stuff. Tstat has not leaked since. Used it on my sc hat, water pump....

Would any of these also work to seal up the snout of the supercharger? I have to replace the coupler in mine soon and dont want it too leak oil when i put it back together.

Would any of these also work to seal up the snout of the supercharger? I have to replace the coupler in mine soon and dont want it too leak oil when i put it back together.

Yes, you can use Permatex high temp RTV to seal up everything from the supercharger case to the IC tubes. I used to use the orange on everything, but these days I use the black because it looks cleaner.

David

I use the ultra black for all of my supercharger sealant. It costs a couple more dollars but it works great.

I use the ultra black for all of my supercharger sealant. It costs a couple more dollars but it works great.
Normally I use plain jane black RTV and it works great, but I used the ultra black on my upper tube at the intake and that puppy sealed very well. Had to pry the tube off. :D Im going to use it next time at the IC as well. Not sure about the SC top though as Im not sure I want that much grip over such a large area. It might be too hard to pry off. :rolleyes:

I use this:

80018.jpg

whatever you use make sure it is dry dont want any getting in your IC

I like this stuff even though it is slow drying cause it doesnt clump ump like the RTVs

Last edited:
Normally I use plain jane black RTV and it works great, but I used the ultra black on my upper tube at the intake and that puppy sealed very well. Had to pry the tube off. :D Im going to use it next time at the IC as well. Not sure about the SC top though as Im not sure I want that much grip over such a large area. It might be too hard to pry off. :rolleyes:

Yeah that is one downfall of the stuff, I changed blower cases this fall, had to beat a putty knife between case and top in several places to pop it off, but guaranteed no leak.

Back