Crank sensor air gap

farleye

Anyone know the actual crank sensor air gap for a 91 SC? A match book cover is a rather vague dimension.....

On a 91 the vane actually goes through a slot in the crank sensor, so you have a bottom gap and a top gap to worry about. I set mine to be approx. center of the slot in the sensor.

I always put it on a little loose, rotate the crank around til the balacer plate is in between the sensor then adjust and tighten it. Then have someone turn the crank while watching to make sure you have clearance. A friend and a 2 ft breaker bar helps big time but I've done it by myself.

I always put it on a little loose, rotate the crank around til the balacer plate is in between the sensor then adjust and tighten it. Then have someone turn the crank while watching to make sure you have clearance. A friend and a 2 ft breaker bar helps big time but I've done it by myself.

YUP, did it myself this way. Install loose, turn crank til vane is in the sensor, move it back and forth til you figure it is centered, tighten down and rotate crank to make sure it doesn't hit... DONE EASY.

Good luck.

Back